PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather cruise spring break or summer?

Tondi G
02-18-2008, 08:01 PM
We are considering a 7 day cruise to the Mexican Riviera (Cabo, Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan). The price for Spring break is about 600 dollars cheaper as opposed to the first week of my DS's summer break. We don't want to take him out of school for a week for a vacation so these are our options. The summertime prices seem to be the most expensive, of course, and as the summer goes on the temps in Mexico get HOT! We chose mexico cause we live close to the port and can avoid airfares this way too!

SO what would you do? FWIW we have a 2 year old and a 6 year old. This would be on Carnival so both kids could take part in the camp carnival programs since they will change diapers!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

SnuggleBuggles
02-23-2008, 08:35 PM
I would opt for summer b/c I have heard that Carnival gets a lot of younger patrons which could mean lots of college spring breakers. But, that might not be so bad if your room isn't right by them. :) It's hard not to just roll the dice on spring break time if it will save you $600 though.

Beth

codex57
02-27-2008, 02:52 AM
Oooh, 7-day Carnival cruise to Mexico? Spring Break is gonna be full of wild college kids.

Still, you're also likely to get lots of kids and families as well. I'm not a fan of hot weather so I'd risk the Spring Break cruise.

Ask on CruiseCritic.com Mexico from LA was my least favorite cruise of all time so the memories I have of it tended to be all negative.

hellokitty
02-27-2008, 10:36 AM
We went on a carnival cruise when I was in high school (with my parents) during spring break. It was great. Actually, there seemed to be a lot more older ppl than college party types. The weather was perfect too, it wasn't too hot. If I were you, I'd take advantage of the cheaper rate.

Tondi G
02-27-2008, 08:48 PM
Thanks ladies for your input. Still have NO clue what we're doing. I was game for Spring break but my Dh seems more interested in waiting for a SUMMER vacation and taking a quick trip down to San Diego over spring break.

I just want to get away so anything will do at this point! LOL

~Tondi

codex57
02-27-2008, 11:41 PM
err guys too. :)

Tondi G
02-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Pardon me.... yes Guys too! :)

what about LA/Mexico cruising did you not enjoy? Did you cruise Carnival or another line?

I love Cruise Critic and have been spending way too much time over there lately. It makes it difficult cause I want to cruise but the time when DS is out of school is our only option and is so much more expensive... so frustrating! So many people over there are able to jump on the great deals and just GO!

Thanks!

~Tondi