PDA

View Full Version : @#$% people at the zoo bathroom

kransden
02-18-2008, 08:16 PM
I took dd and her friend to the zoo today with another woman. I was in line for the bathroom when my 3 joined me. The woman behind me rudely said she was in line. (She was at the end of the line.) It wasn't worth the 5 minute explanation, so I just slipped behind her, her friend and their kids and joined my group. No big deal - I could see her point. Then we are almost to the front of the line, and a mom with a 2.5 year old asks to get in front of us because her dd has to go very bad. Well I understand, so I told her go ahead. The rude woman's friend tells that mom in the meanest voice that her dd has to go very bad too. I just couldn't believe it. So I told her the difference was that her dd was old enough to wait (she looked about 7) and the little one would pee on herself. So she let her pass. WTH?? Doesn't she remember potty training?

hez
02-18-2008, 10:02 PM
Argh. PT'ing is hard enough without that kind of person in the world. Makes me grateful all over again for every person who recognized when DS was nearing an accident and helped us out.

I'm constantly amazed by what people seem to have forgotten when they're beyond a certain stage. Heck, I'm amazed by what I seem to have forgotten ;)

elaineandmichaelsmommy
02-19-2008, 01:38 AM
Some people are such twits :irked:. Obviously this idiot doesn't remember potty training. How great that you stood up for that little one :applause:.

ha98ed14
02-20-2008, 04:37 AM
My DD is way to young to PT, but I have to chime in with another horrible PTing-toddler vs. stupid-adult battle story.

I was on a flight from LAX to Phila, which is 6+ hours when you count taxi and waiting to deplane upon arrival. About 4 hours into the flight, the line for the bathroom in the rear of the plane (coach) is stretching halfway up the aisle. There was a mom with a little girl who was waiting, but it was becoming obvious that the little girl wasn't going to make it. So the mom walks to the front of the plane to use the bathroom in the front. The flight attendant, who happened to be a man, actually told the mom that she could not use the front bathroom because it was for FIRST CLASS PASSENGERS ONLY! I heard him say it because I was sitting towards the front of the coach section.

I was dumbfounded. I could not believe he was going to tell this mom that her little girl would have to wet her pants when there was a perfectly usable EMPTY bathroom right there. And this was pre-DD, so I wasn't even a mom at the time, but I felt so bad for this woman that I walked up to the front of the plane and gave the flight attendant a verbal bashing for being such a a$$hole!!! He said it was FAA regulations. Maybe it was, but I think he was just using the regulation to justify his a$$hole-ish-ness. It still makes me p.o.'d to think about it!

tylersmama
02-20-2008, 11:03 AM
He said it was FAA regulations. Maybe it was, but I think he was just using the regulation to justify his a$$hole-ish-ness. It still makes me p.o.'d to think about it!

Um, no. There's no such FAA reg that says that passengers have to use the lavatory in their ticketed cabin. Some airlines do enforce that rule, but a FA would ALWAYS have the discretion to override it. Yeah, he was being an a$$, no doubt about it. Seriously, would he rather have to clean up the mess when the poor little girl couldn't hold it anymore?? Oh wait, she was in coach, so it would be his co-worker's problem not his. :32:

JillSP
02-21-2008, 01:07 AM
Not only would I allow a young child to cut in front of me in the bathroom line, I would insist upon it. There is nothing worse than standing in line with a child who might not make it. I've been there.

And I would have looked the flight attendant right in the eye and said, "You have got to be kidding me. You are going to allow my child to pee in her pants when that bathroom is empty? How about you let my child use the bathroom and I don't write a letter complaining about the flight attendant who wouldn't help a passenger in need."

Flight attendants work hard and put up with a lot of stuff they shouldn't have to. This one gives the good ones a bad name.