PDA

View Full Version : Should we be feeding our 8 month old...

deborah_r
02-18-2008, 09:22 PM
...mashed potatoes? or is it mashed potatos? Anyway, DH has let him eat some mashed potatoes at dinner time a few times now. They have salt, pepper, butter, and buttermilk. He goes crazy for them. Do you think that much dairy is bad?

Gosh, we were so much more careful with the first one.

vludmilla
02-18-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm certainly no expert but I think it is fine if he loves them. I ended up giving DD plain mashed potatoes and maybe you want to try getting him to eat them plain but if he just wants the flavored ones, I think it would be fine. The buttermilk and butter shouldn't really be a problem even though they are dairy. Kids can eat yogurt and cheese and those are dairy too.

HIU8
02-18-2008, 09:35 PM
DD is also 8 months and is a human garbage can. She eats everything. I have to admit that I am not as careful with DD as I was with DS. She eats whatever we are having for dinner. I do watch out for the obvious--peanut, egg, strawberries, fish. But DD eats our meals and now drinks water from a cup. She gets upset when I don't let her have what we have on the table. To be honest I'm happy with this because DS was such a lousy eater (and still is).

deborah_r
02-19-2008, 06:30 PM
So about 30 minutes later he had a pretty gross spit-up, so I think we'll be careful on the "real" mashed potatoes for awhile! Will try to remember to set some aside for him and not add butter or anything.

I just cannot remember when all the ages were for different foods for this baby! I sit there going "Corn? Hmmm, corn. Well, I think that one was 10 months? Cheerios? Hmmm, those have some wheat don't they? Wasn't I supposed to wait on wheat? Oh wait, well the daycare already gave him Cheerio's, so oh well!"

sgmango
02-20-2008, 07:08 PM
I think a little bit won't hurt! Yum!