PDA

View Full Version : Please clarify something for me re: character meals

teddy
02-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Can a WDW expert confirm this for me please?

I made a reservation for a character meal at the Grand Floridian's 1900 Park Fare restaurant (the Mary Poppins breakfast!).

Because this is a hotel that isn't inside any of the theme parks (right?), then I don't need a theme park admission ticket to dine.

I just want this confirmed by someone who knows. I can't seem to find the exact information on the disney website.

Thanks!

DDowning
02-19-2008, 06:14 PM
No. You do not need a ticket to eat at the Grand Floridian. :)

egoldber
02-19-2008, 06:15 PM
You do not need theme park admission to dine at any Disney hotel. :)

Where are you staying? How are you getting to the GF? Parking can be a problem at the Grand Floridian. There is a self park lot, but it is a LONG walk to the hotel and it does fill up. There is valet, but it is $$. You could park at the Magic Kingdom and take the monorail, but you would have to pay for parking unless you are staying at another Disney resort hotel (and therefore you get free parking at all the parks).

When we did this meal, MP did not go around to the tables. She was available for photos and greetings just outside the restaurant.

teddy
02-19-2008, 10:17 PM
for the quick responses!

My kids LOVE Mary Poppins and have seen the movie many, many times. Hopefully they will enjoy meeting her as well! The reservationist also told me that Winnie the Pooh and Alice in Wonderland will be at this meal. Maybe they will make it inside the restaurant. If we can just meet Mary Poppins and Mickey Mouse, then my kids will be so happy.

We are staying at a condo nearby. So we will have to park in the lot at the Grand Floridian. Or should I say that DH will drop the 3 kiddos and me off, then go park!

I haven't really started reseaching this trip other than the meal. Doing this could be a full time job LOL!

egoldber
02-19-2008, 10:24 PM
MP stays outside, but Pooh, Tigger, Alice and the Mad Hatter circulate to the tables. :)

mdb78
02-19-2008, 11:00 PM
Over in the disneyland resort hotels, you get free valet if you eat at one of the hotel resturants. It doesn't hurt to see if its the same in the disneyworld resort hotels.

have lots of fun! :)

designermv
02-25-2008, 10:01 PM
We were at the Grand Floridian in October for dinner (Cinderella dinner) and my husband dropped me and my daughter off and parked. It was about a 5-minute walk from the lot to the lobby, not bad at all. You'll have a blast, the GF is gorgeous. The food was meh at best, but the atmosphere was great.

Have a wonderful time!

teddy
02-25-2008, 10:34 PM
It was about a 5-minute walk from the lot to the lobby, not bad at all. You'll have a blast, the GF is gorgeous. The food was meh at best, but the atmosphere was great.

Have a wonderful time!

OOH! I am getting more excited than I thought I would for this trip! Yaay!

egoldber
02-26-2008, 02:11 PM
It was about a 5-minute walk from the lot to the lobby, not bad at all

Just FYI, it depends on how full the lot is. If you have to park far its a good walk. And the lot can fill up in which case you have no choice but to valet. Not saying its a huge deal, just something to be prepared for.