PDA

View Full Version : Any favorite little towns along ME coast?

LD92599
02-19-2008, 10:24 PM
We're going to take a long weekend to head to North Conway, NH for 2 nights and then go over to ME for another 2 or 3 nights. I could do 2 nights further up in ME and then our final night in Kittery (Ah, Hanna!) so that the right home isn't rushed and we could do a few stops along the way home (Northern NJ).

Any hotel suggestions - it's say between Portland and Kittery? Or even Portsmouth, NH?

We don't need/want a 4 star hotel - we're there to sleep and eat. Granted we don't want a fly by night place either. We tend to use the hotel/motel as a starting off point, sightsee by day and would probably want to walk around somewhere for ice cream after dinner or walk a beach?

DS will be five and we'll have my mom w/ us. She used to go to ME for weekends back when my sister and I were little but hasn't been back in at least 15 years. I want to go to "Desert of Maine" for sure for DS and DH to see; Mount Washington in NH, the Flume, etc.

Thanks!

ellies mom
02-19-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm quite fond of York, Maine. It is close to Kittery, so very convenient. There is a nice little lighthouse there (Nubble), a very small amusement park, two good size beaches and a nice little town to walk around.

Unfortunately, I can't help you with lodging because we always stay with family in the area.