PDA

View Full Version : I'm trying to lose weight. just venting.

gatorsmom
02-20-2008, 12:40 AM
ok, This is my first post here. I didn't actually want to post at first because I don't want to be disappointed if I don't lose weight. I'd like to lose some, any weight before we take a family trip to Florida in May. But if it doesn't happen, it's not a big deal. I'll definitely get serious about it when I stop nursing.

I always manage to lose weight after I stop nursing and very little while I"m nursing. But after I stopped nursing each of my first 2 children, I walked daily, counted calories, and lost 30 pounds. The trick was exercising. As long as I was exercising daily I was motivated not to snack and then I lost weight. But to want to exercise everyday, I have to do something easy and enjoyable. And for me that is either walking outside with the stroller or biking.

anyway, I'm counting my calories now and anyday I'll start using the exercise equipment in our basement. Any day now...

amconwa
02-20-2008, 01:33 PM
BFing has knocked off a few pounds for me. (Thank goodness.) However, I keep telling my husband and son that I can't wait for warmer weather so I can go walking outside!!!!! It just occurred to me that I could go to a mall, but the indoor mall near me doesn't feel as safe anymore. Someone got mugged during Christmastime around 8pm. Anyway....

Anne
warmer weather, warmer weather

purpleeyes
02-20-2008, 05:34 PM
I've been lurking here for a while, not wanting to post. ;) I COMPLETELY agree about the walking, I have a feeling that once I can get out every day I'll start to pick up on the weight loss and feel a lot better.
Another vent-I'm having BC/hormone issues and the bloating is NOT helping. grrr...

Good luck everyone!

gatorsmom
02-21-2008, 02:19 PM
It just occurred to me that I could go to a mall...

I thought about going to the mall, too, but I know myself and I won't keep that up. Just all the work involved in getting everyone loaded in the car and driving there will end up becoming a drag and I'll stop. Sad, but true. I might as well just predict that now, rather than tell myself that I'll force myself to do it because I know I won't. That would just set me up for failure. So, the closest I MAY come to exercising now would be DH's elliptical trainer in the basement. but I'm not pressuring myself...

maestramommy
02-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Lisa, do you live near a YMCA? That really saved me and got me on track with weight loss, among other things. the family membership includes free childcare. It took about a month for Dora to get used to being left there, just in time for Arwyn to start kicking up her heels LOL! But it still makes such a difference being able to work out without wearing or pushing a kid. On Saturdays if we're free the whole family goes, and Dh and I take turns on alternate Saturdays being the go-to person if Arwyn keeps crying (they have a 10 minute cry policy). These days I get up around 5:15, workout, come home and shower before Dh leaves for work around 7. I'm really tired by the end of the day, but without the gray slog that was clogging up my brain before we joined up.

gatorsmom
02-22-2008, 01:08 PM
I have 2 friends that swear by joining the YMCA. We were members of a nice club very close to our house with nice childcare faciliites but i never used it. Neither of us did. So, we stopped our membership and I bought an MBUS. and then I lost 30 pounds. And I lost 30 pounds a second time after DS2.

It's just something about getting all my gear together and then getting all their gear together for a few hour work out. And I obsess about all the germs in those nurseries. And I'm never very comfortable in a club. I just don't feel like I belong there. On the days that I'm particularly tired or just don't want to work out, those are the excuses I use.

Walking outside, on the other hand, I actually look forward to that. I'll make excuses about other things so that I can get out there in the sun with my MP3 player. That and biking outside are really the only things that I know I will stick to because I enjoy it so much. Everything else I weasel out of.

cca
04-21-2008, 12:53 AM
Maybe I can convince hubby that if I just had an MBUS the baby weight will slide off. I can never loose weight while nursing. I have the munchies all the time. Plus my dc's take their time being weaned so I've pretty much given up other than lurking to see what works for other ppl.
-c