PDA

View Full Version : Q? about BBB Swap

ha98ed14
02-20-2008, 02:14 PM
I just joined the BBB swap and I see a lot of stuff I like, but some of the prices just seem high to me. However, I am someone who goes to Goodwill 2x per month to look for name brand items in really good condition for my DD, so I am used to paying 5.99 or less for gently used Gap Kids/ Gymbo overalls. Its hit or miss if you find something worth buying at Goodwill, so I understand that BBB Swap is better/ more reliable- you will get something cute in good condition.

My question is, are prices negotiable? If you see an outfit you like and the seller says $30, can you counter offer with $23 or $25? I don't want to offend anyone by "bartering," or implying that they overpriced their stuff, but some stuff (NWT or NWOT) is priced for more than I saw it on clearance for at the end of last season. (I frequent the mall too...)

TIA!

gatorruth
02-20-2008, 02:21 PM
yes-- go ahead and offer a slightly lower price. The worst thing that can happen is that the seller says no... with the nicer stuff, however, you have to be quick- as it goes fast-- and if she has multiple offers, she's not going to say yes to a lower offer, right??

ha98ed14
02-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Thanks! Do you know how to set up a pay pal account? Is it the same account for buying and getting paid?

gatorruth
02-20-2008, 02:52 PM
There is some trickyness to paypal. I'm not good enough to explain it- you might want to start a new thread to get the pp experts to chime in... Most people set up 2 accounts- it has something to do with fees- and, like I said, I'm no expert... wish I could figure pp out, too!!

MommyAllison
02-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Yes, you can use the same paypal account to buy and to sell. There are basically two types of accounts:

Personal: This can be linked up with your bank account, or you can use existing funds (obviously you'd need to sell something to get existing funds), or you can link it with a credit card. However, you cannot ACCEPT credit card payments when selling things with a personal account. You can only accept funded payments (from bank acct, or existing funds). There are no fees to accept payments.

Premier/Business: You can accept any type of payment, but there is a fee taken out from every payment. You can go to www.ppcalc.com to see what fees are like. You can use bank acct, existing funds, or credit card to pay other people, just like in a personal acct.

Hope that helps a bit!

ha98ed14
02-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Thanks! This is great info.