PDA

View Full Version : Creative Uses for Bumper / Comforter from Bedding Set?

srhs
02-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Try as I might, I can't find a nursery bedding line I like that's sold a la carte rather than in the set. I don't plan to use the bumpers or comforter due to the safety recommendations.
What have you all used this extra material for? I know I can hang the comforter on the wall. Anything else? What about the cushy bumper material? Any ideas/suggestions/experiences would be great!

mdb78
02-20-2008, 04:01 PM
my MIL gave us a comforter and pillow. 1st of all, our tastes are totally different so I wasn't thrilled when I saw it, but to get to the point... we just used the comforter for floor time or for outside to sit on. I just threw the pillow into the back of the closet since I knew I had no use for it and it shouldn't be in the crib.

sgmango
02-20-2008, 04:48 PM
This is a weird use for a bumper but... when my DD started standing in her crib, she started scraping the wood finish off the sides of the crib with her new little teeth! I wrapped and tied the crib bumper around 3 sides of the crib so she would stop eating it. That worked great for us since the rail guards they sell don't fit on our crib anyway.

ha98ed14
02-21-2008, 02:27 PM
Try as I might, I can't find a nursery bedding line I like that's sold a la carte rather than in the set. I don't plan to use the bumpers or comforter due to the safety recommendations.

FYI, You can buy crib sheets and crib skirts a la cart from PBK and Company Kids. And they have some super cute prints. If you really don't plan to use the quilt/ comforter or the bumber, why buy the whole set? Just a thought...

MontrealMum
02-22-2008, 07:16 PM
They sell all the bedding parts separately at BRU too. It's their store line - Koala Baby and it's 100% cotton, not a poly blend.

longstocking
02-29-2008, 08:04 PM
so that it is still used to match the room decor, why not take a solid color fabric that matches the print best and along the pads running horizontally sew on little pockets to house their small toys, stuffed animals, shoes, pictures, anything like that will look cute in the pockets. and hang the whole pad on the wall. just make your pockets the same size and spread them out the same distance along the pad. it would make a great storage for their items and look cute too.
Or, I'm thinking cutting out simple shaped stuffed animals and zig-zagging around the edges.
Okay, so, all mine are related to sewing, and you never said anything about wanting to destroy it

srhs
03-01-2008, 06:20 PM
longstocking,

Yes! That's the kind of ideas I was looking for! Ways to still incorporate all that matching material into the room...
Keep 'em coming if there are any more ideas out there! Thanks!

salsah
03-01-2008, 08:24 PM
so that it is still used to match the room decor, why not take a solid color fabric that matches the print best and along the pads running horizontally sew on little pockets to house their small toys, stuffed animals, shoes, pictures, anything like that will look cute in the pockets. and hang the whole pad on the wall. just make your pockets the same size and spread them out the same distance along the pad. it would make a great storage for their items and look cute too.

great idea!