PDA

View Full Version : Moonlight Slumber mattress questions

aahjed
02-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Does anyone know what chemicals (if any) are used to make it antimicrobially treated and fire-resistant? We're considering this mattress because it's PVC- and vinyl-free, but I'm concerned about PDBE as well.

Also, does anyone have feedback on their customer service? I've been trying for almost week to find out this information. I sent an email, and the president wrote back (which I thought was nice!) asking me to call because she couldn't explain over email, which sounds weird to me. I called and left a message and then followed up with another email when I didn't hear back. Yesterday, she said she would call me this morning, so I spent my morning with the phone by my side. Of course, she didn't call me until this afternoon. This seems like a lot of effort just to get some product information, and makes me concerned about their customer service if there were a problem with the product.

TaChapm
02-20-2008, 06:22 PM
I am not sure what they use to treat it to be antimicrobial but I do know that the internal fire barrier is an internal stocking like fire barrier that is ALL NATURAL...there are NO CHEMICALS used to make it fire retardent. None whatsoever which is one thing that I really love about it!

I have always had great Customer service with them any time I have called to order a product so I'm not sure what's going on there. Perhaps they are just really busy right now. They were just featured on GMA in the past week so maybe things got really hectic after that. Not sure. Hopefully I answered your question about the fire chemicals though!

aahjed
02-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Thanks Tara! That's very helpful on what makes it fire-retardant.

Do you have the foam or the innerspring mattress? i'm also curious what the foam is made of.

Angela

TaChapm
02-20-2008, 06:33 PM
I have the all foam supreme with the visco. I received my first mattress when I did a review for the Fields here on the BBB and became a HUGE fan after that. We actually have 2 of the all foam crib mattresses as well as a cradle, Pack N Play and twin mattress. Needless to say I am quite fond of their products.

Their mattresses have a lifetime guarantee so I feel completely comfortable ordering the all foam since they stand behind their product. I think the reason many people used to go with the innerspring was because they felt that the foam would break down over time. Moonlight Slumber uses a high medical grade foam and guarantees it so I feel completely comfortable in my choice to go all foam. All foam is a lot lighter weight than the innerspring which makes a huge diffirence when you are changing crib sheets frequently. :) Either one is a great choice! I would just say it is what you personally prefer.