PDA

View Full Version : suggestions to keep 1 year old occupied while out

bunyvet
02-22-2008, 10:41 PM
My son is very curious and not really content to sit still for long-- pretty normal I am sure! But, does anyone have good toy suggestions for the restaurant, doctor's office etc for the 12 month crowd? He loves cars but he just rolls them off the table :(
Thanks,
Andrea

MamaKath
02-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Board books, small photo album, etch-a-sketch, playdoh and cookie cutters (with supervision), small slinky, mini flashlight, cloth diaper or bandana, stacking cups, small toy animals (my kids love the Schleich animals), finger puppets, MagnaDoodle, finger food snacks, small fabric tape measurer from a sewing store, small stuffed animals (like mini-beanie babies), toddler toys from fast food places.

Here is a post from way back where we all looked in our diaper bags and listed by age of the kids what was in them. Maybe take a look through the 1-2 year old set. http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=263279 Also if you were to search for trip/travel ideas there are often many suggestions for times when kids have to wait/sit still/practice patience.

HTH~Kath

bunyvet
02-26-2008, 12:20 AM
Hi kath,
Thx for the reply. I went and read the other post also. Great suggestions! I will keep them in mind for DS as he gets a bit older. he is still in the put-everything-in-the-mouth-or-throw-it-on-the-floor stage so lot of these won't work right now. You can bet I will be stocking up on them for as soon as he is ready!
Andrea