PDA

View Full Version : business trip questions

scoop22
02-23-2008, 04:14 PM
i am going out of town for three days. i rarely leave ds. i did this same thing last year but he was a year younger... he now knows that mommy leaves for work and mommy comes home.

any suggestions on dealing with this?

call or don't call??? i love to talk to him but i don't want to upset him.

how far in advance should i tell him?

i will probaby be more upset than him since nana is coming to visit. but any suggestions will be helpful.

i am looking forward to a few days of no diapers, adult converstaions, good meals and of course a wonderful conference. but i am going to miss ds like crazy.. :crying: oh ya and dh.. but i can't wait to have my own bed. things are getting a little tight with being SO BIG:belly:

thanks everyone!

Emmas Mom
02-23-2008, 04:52 PM
I went to London for a week when the girls were three & 10 months. The baby obviously didn't really get it but older DD did. I told her all about it a couple months before I went & discussed it with her as much as she could understand. I did call regularly while I was there. It was over Thanksgiving & her cousins were visiting her so we talked about how much fun she was having. I think it was helpful to talk about HER & the fun things she was doing to take the focus off the fact that Mommy wasn't there. We also made it sound like an adventure instead of "oh...Mommy's leaving for a week", you know?