PDA

View Full Version : Webkins help needed...

gatorruth
02-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Maybe I"m too old and DS is too young... (he's 4 1/2). I just got him his first Webkin and we went online and I couldn't figure out that site... I am not sure how to play the games (as there are no instructions posted), I can't figure out how to 'earn' money to buy the animal food and furniture, etc...

Is there a website that explains the webkins website? Or can someone loan me their 8 year old to help me???

Thanks!

Thatchermom
02-23-2008, 05:39 PM
Ds has been all over the webkins thing while home on break this week.

Most of the arcade games I've seen have a button for instructions on the welcome screen after you choose the game you want to play. I haven't been there when he started a tournament game, I'd have to ask DH if there are instructions there, too. I've only seen him playing checkers, which he already knew.

You can earn kinzcash by playing games, doing "jobs" (other games!), answering quiz questions - nearly everything there except the shopping thing. There are some slam-dunk, no skills cash earners such as Kinzcare (go to my pets, daily kinz care and click the "i love my webkinz" button - it gives you cash and a food treat once a day), wheel of wow and wishing well 2. Non-skill things are usually only available once a day.

Some of DS's kinzcash he gets from us - we play our computer solitaire and several other games there (I can make a small fortune fast on Cash Cow 2) and in turn he does chores for me at home. Really, really cheap allowance...

Did that answer your questions? I can always ask DS if there is something specific you want to know how to do.

egoldber
02-23-2008, 07:53 PM
If it were me I'd take it away until he can read. :p

Kungjo
02-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Ruth,

If you log in and go to the THINGS TO DO Tab on the lower right hand corner, click on it, and then click on the WEBKINZ GUIDE. It will help you out quite a bit.

HTH

JBaxter
02-23-2008, 08:13 PM
:confused: whats a webkin? Ive seen references to them but have no idea what they are

egoldber
02-23-2008, 09:32 PM
www.webkinz.com

You buy a stuffed animal and it comes with a code. With the code you can go on-line and play with your pet in a virtual world. You name it, buy things for it (with KinzKash that you earn from playing games, getting "jobs", answering quiz questions, etc.), decorate its house, etc. The code gives you access for one year.

They are all the rage in the 6-10 set. If you get more pets or accessories, you get more codes and can extend your Webkinz empire. ;)

Sarah adores them. She got her first one as an impulse purchase (by me LOL!) last summer. She now has about 5. There are LilKinz and regular size ones. The LilKinz are $10, so relatively inexpensive for the amount of fun provided. There is a bit of a learning curve to the site and how to play with your pet, but its a lot of fun. But there is NO WAY I am playing the games with her. I'll help her if she gets stumped now and then, but I don't play them with her.