PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide on crib!

Cariadlawn
02-23-2008, 11:48 PM
I thought I had my mind made up on a crib, but when I visited a baby furniture store today, I kind of fell in love with another one I saw! Now I'm torn between the two.

My original choice was the "Contentment" crib by Young America:

http://youngamerica.stanleyfurniture.com/youngamerica/Browse.do?groupNumber=15&nav2=YNURSECRIB&sku=483-94-215&nav1=YNURSERY

I wasn't able to see this crib in person, but I was able to look at other Young America products and they seemed very well made.

But the other crib that really caught my eye is the "Laurie" by Pali:

http://www.pali-design.com/index.php?path=products&template=products_view&section=products&subsection=products_by_serie&page=cribs_&product_serie_id=18&product_id=169

I absolutely loved the detailing, particularly the curvy parts on the headboard which are made of substantial pieces of wood. I wasn't thrilled about the rather tacky casters, but I could take them off anyway. One plus is that it converts to a toddler bed (with the addition of a side safety rail that doesn't cost too much).

Basically my goal has been to find a quality sleigh style crib with a drop side. I'd like something that looks kind of unique and whimsical, but functional. I can get either of the choices above for about the same price. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with these particular cribs, or even the brands. Would you recommend one over the other?

mommy2amelia
02-24-2008, 04:44 PM
We just ordered/received the Ma Marie by Young America; I love it; the quality is great and the detailing is too; I've heard Pali is good as well but I'm very happy w/our YA. Personally, from looks alone, out of the 2 you posted I like the YA better. GL deciding--it took us forever!

hellokitty
02-24-2008, 06:14 PM
I like the pali better, b/c of the color (although my fav color for baby stuff is natural colored stuff, b/c it shows the least amt of wear). If this is your first baby, keep in mind that if you have more children later on, the YA one you posted looks very girly. Not that the baby will care, girl or boy, but just something to think about for the future, b/c you might end up with a boy later on and then regret getting a girly looking crib.