PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen or bought these playhouses?

MMMommy
02-25-2008, 03:59 PM
I am interested in two wooden indoor playhouses that can be taken apart and rebuilt. One is by Guidecraft and the other is by Kidkraft. The Kidkraft one is less expensive (also, it is discontinued but still available at some places), but might not be as well-made as the Guidecraft one. We've owned Kidkraft stuff before. If the Kidkraft one is "good enough," I'm fine with it b/c it is cheaper and who knows how long DD1 and DD2 will play with it anyways. Also, the Kidkraft one is a little taller, which I prefer.

If anyone has any personal experience, thoughts or opinions, I would love to hear them! I found one old thread from a few years ago from a poster who had the Kidkraft one. Just wanted to see if anyone else had comments.

Guidecraft Build It Myself Playhouse
http://www.guidecraft.com/dyn_prod.php?k=20252&p=GDCG51040

and

Kidkraft Clubhouse
http://www.littlekidstuff.com/kidkraft_kids_clubhouse.html

Thanks!

MMMommy
03-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Just an update in case anyone was looking for a solid indoor playhouse. I ended up buying the Kidkraft Clubhouse new from a seller on Ebay and love it! It is very durable, wood is relatively thick, and the clubhouse itself is larger than I expected. I am very impressed with the quality. As for the "kids can build it" aspect, I don't think a toddler or young child could put it together. An older child, maybe. Also, it turns out that the majority of online stores that supposedly sell it do not actually sell it anymore b/c it was discontinued by Kidkraft and is no longer available. There is just one new one left on Ebay, and mine did ship directly from Kidkraft even though I bought from Ebay (search Ebay for Kidkraft Playhouse). Amazon.com supposedly has them (search Kidkraft Screened Clubhouse). If you have the room for it, I highly recommend it. But it does take up space, and it is not something that you can just fold and put away. Also, I really do not think it can be used outdoors (don't think the wood is treated to withstand the outdoors). It is pretty "permanent" until you go to the trouble of disassembling it, piece by piece. It fits together sort of like Lincoln Logs, but once assembled, is a solid wood house. Not wobbly or creaky at all. Thumb's up!

Update: Ebay seller has 4 more of these now.