PDA

View Full Version : Arbonne Products

boss1
02-25-2008, 07:22 PM
A friend of mine is a consultant for Arbonne Products. I would like to order some products but I am uncertain about which products are best. Can you give me recommendation of some of your favorite Arbonne products? Also, are these products all natural? Thanks.

Crystal
Mom to Blair and Logan

bluestarfish18
02-25-2008, 07:46 PM
If you ask for the brochure, the last few pages shouls list everything in each product, most of them natural. But every cosmetic product needs some sort of "un-natural" products, for adhesion, thickness, etc. I have tried certain products that are no longer available and found them to be no better than Cetaphil, and a heck of a lot more expensive! But their candles are to die for!

writermama
02-25-2008, 08:37 PM
I wanted to like them because a friend of mine was a consultant ... I tried a set of samples for a total skincare routine (face wash, toner, masque, exfoliant , yada, yada, yada) but I broke out in a nasty rash. When I checked the labels, I saw that most of the samples I tried used Quaternium 15 as a preservative and, like a lot of people, I'm allergic to it.

I do like the scented lotion and body wash, but there's lots of parabens on the label. For a company that touts being natural, there's a lot of suspect ingredients in the products I have seen.

mom2chloe
02-25-2008, 10:37 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE the lemon hand scrub... I stink at names, so I don't recall the exact name of it, but I have never found one better.:heartbeat:

MamaMolly
02-25-2008, 10:49 PM
Ask her for samples. I have tried the RE9 line (for skin over 35) and I broke out terribly, but recently I tried the Intelligent skincare samples and I LOVE it. I was a die hard Shiseido fan but after DDs birth I think my hormones went wacky and my skin never really recovered until I started using the Arbonne stuff. One of my girlfriends can't use any other mascara, she gets blisters from any and everything except Arbonne.

As for the natural-ness of it, I made peace with the fact that there are going to be some crummy ingredients in just about everything. I check out stuff on the cosmetic database website, but have found that we have just as many reactions to the 'safe' ingredients as the not so good ones.

When it comes to DD I try to buy things that are as safe and natural as possible, but when it comes to me...well, I'm willing to strike a balance between nature and effectiveness.

She should be happy to give you samples to try. Good luck!

julieakc
02-25-2008, 10:49 PM
As others have noted I don't think they're as natural as they claim.

However, that being said, I do really like their eye cream - it's the REpair Corrective Eye Cream