PDA

View Full Version : Skirt lengths

s7714
02-25-2008, 07:48 PM
This isn't really a serious bitch. More just a roll of the eyes observation.

There's a mom at DDs preschool who tends to dress a little on the um...a few years younger than she really is side. Normally it's nothing provocative or anything, just very trendy junior's dept-ish. (She's in her mid to late 30's.)

Today however, she was wearing a really, really, really short dress. We're talking just barely below the b*ttocks length. No joke and no exaggeration, it was really that short. One of those O. M. G. please don't bend over type of things. I seriously think it was meant to be a tunic top and she was just wearing it as a dress over sheer black tights!

I must be getting old, because I'm seriously amazed that a woman would wear a skirt that short! Around the house for a DH, who cares, but out in public? Holy cow!

katydid1971
02-25-2008, 09:00 PM
That is totally one of my pet peeves. When ever I see people who do that I think, don't they have a mirror in their house? Of course that person probably thinks you (and I if she knew me) dress like an old fuddy duddy. Its all in the eye of the beholder.

lisams
02-25-2008, 09:27 PM
Yikes, she better not try to board an airplane! Maybe she was having a hectic morning and forgot to put her pants on, lol!! Hopefully her children are older, I can only imagine what would happen if she had a toddler that wanted to picked up!

chibabymom
02-26-2008, 09:29 AM
Oh how attitudes change in a few years from dating to motherhood.

Maybe she was dressing appropriately for her "side" job!:cheerleader1:

Melanie
02-26-2008, 11:08 AM
I hear you. There was a mom at Ds' school last year like that. She was in great shape but the skirt length didn't match the face, so to speak. I was embarrassed for her.

Piglet
02-26-2008, 12:19 PM
I was at the grocery store with my dad a few months back and there was a woman pushing a very full cart around with 2 adorable kids in tow. She was wearing... the shortest shorts I have *ever* seen and super high heels. I could see under-butt! And she kept bending over to play with her kids. The worst of it is that every single guy was doing double takes like you wouldn't believe, including my dad. I finally called my dad on it while we stood in line and he said he saw nothing wrong with her dressing that way (he was being sarcastic) and the 30 year old guy in front of us said that even he was offended, LOL. I swear, the 2 year old DD was wearing longer pants than the mom.

elektra
02-26-2008, 01:38 PM
At least the DD was wearing decent clothes. It upsets me more when I see little girls in basically skanky clothes. I was out at an outdoor mall last week, and there was a little girl, maybe 6-8 years old with a micro mini and high heels. Heels! Oh, and a wrap around half shirt. I was disgusted.
I guess adults have a right to be foolish and wear tunics as dresses. But what are people thinking dressing their kids that way too???