PDA

View Full Version : Q-See Wireless Baby Monitoring System @ COSTCO

srizzo
02-26-2008, 12:10 PM
This is my first post, so I apologize if something similar was already posted. I did a search and couldn't find anything. Has anyone had any experience with the Q-See 2.5" TFT Wireless Baby Monitoring System? It is on sale at COSTCO right now (on their website)for $50 off, bringing it down to $99! It's a video monitor that runs on 2.4GHz. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and buy this instead of the Summer Infant Day and Night Handheld Color Video Monitor?? Any advise would be great! TIA!

renefjr
02-26-2008, 12:36 PM
We purchased the same video monitor from costco but ended up returning it and getting the bebe sounds video monitor (also from costco) because of the larger screen and it operated on 900 Mhz. The Q-See monitor operates on 2.4 Ghz which did interfere with our wireless network.

Karenn
02-26-2008, 11:48 PM
We bought that monitor from Costcoa couple years ago or so. I think the one we have is a little different than the one they are currently selling though.

The one we have is OK. Not great, but OK. Sometimes we have great reception. Sometimes (usually at night) it's a little "clicky." It turns out not to be a huge issue when it's clicky because we just put the monitor on "scan" so it uses the motion detector and only turns on when DD rolls over or something.

I do like the fact that we can have 3 cameras set up around the house with it. (I think we bought an extra camera somewhere, but I can't remember.) I figured it was a pretty safe bet because Costco has such a great return policy. It's the third video monitor we've owned over the years. We also had a Safety First and Summer. I don't think it's much better or worse than any of the others I've had.

srizzo
06-27-2008, 11:30 AM
I wanted to post a follow-up to my original posting about my experience with this particular monitor. We ended up buying the Q-see video monitor from COSTCO, the price was too good to pass up. Overall we were happy with the quality of the video, sound and range. We had issues whenever we used a cordless phone, the receiver would get really staticky (loud) and fuzzy (video). After about 1 month of use, the reciever began to cut out a lot. I originally thought it was because the batteries kept dying, but after replacing them multiple times, I realized it was the camera that was dying. I replaced the power/ac adapter to the camera, but it didn't fix the problem. The camera simply died on us after only 1 month!! We were very disappointed. Thank goodness COSTCO's return policy is awesome and we are able to get a full refund. We ended up purchasing the Summer Infant color video monitor with crib soother. The video picture quality isn't as nice on the Summer Infant monitor as it was on the Q-See, but I like the fact that the SI monitor has a rechargable battery.