PDA

View Full Version : Sorelle furniture on Craigslist...

Binkandabee
02-26-2008, 12:56 PM
I've run across a set of baby furniture that I really like, but it's from a brand I know nothing about.

Here's whats included:

Sorelle Maxine crib
Sorelle Regal Armoire
Sorelle Regal 5 drawer dresser
Sorelle Regal hutch/changing table
Glider and ottoman (not sure of brand)

The seller is asking $1,500.00. This seems high to me, but maybe not if Sorelle is a quality manufacturer, which I do not know.

Any thoughts? Where is Sorelle manufactured? What about the quality - dovetail joints, etc.

ThreeofUs
02-26-2008, 01:18 PM
We love our Sorelle crib. Good workmanship, solid wood. But I think you're right; this does seem like a lot of money for used furniture - it's like $300 per piece. I'd offer $1200 and see what they say.

HallsofVA
02-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Sorelle is a quality manufacturer, and we love our Sorelle crib.

However I'm not familiar with the Maxine crib itself, and you'd want to check out the age of the crib. I think I remember Sorelle had some problems and perhaps a recall of some of its crib models a few years ago that had wooden slats supporting the crib mattress. (My Sorelle Rosemary crib from 2003/2004 has metal mattress supports and wasn't affected) You'd want to check that out before deciding.

I don't know about the quality of their case pieces and don't remember what the BB book said about them so I can't comment on those. But I agree with the prior poster that you may want to evaluate each piece individually and then arrive at a price for the group, since on the surface, it sounds like a lot of money.