PDA

View Full Version : Short Flight and Nursing

csnoop
02-26-2008, 07:14 PM
We will be flying w/DD for the first time next month from SF to LA. She is 7 mos old. We did not purchase a seat for her on the plane since it's a relatively short flight (1 hr). I know that people say that you should nurse during take-off and landing. But since the flight is so short, can I still do that? I am not sure if she will nurse w/in an hour of each other. Any other suggestion? She does not take the bottle or pacifier. Thanks!

CC

egoldber
02-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Well, all you can do is offer. :)

Does she take a sippy cup at all? You could introduce a sippy or straw cup and see if she will take that.

kimbe
02-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Beth is right, all you can do is offer. So far neither of my kiddos have ever willingly nursed or drank anything on takeoff or landing. However, neither of them have ever had problems with their ears during a flight.

You could offer her your finger if she won't take a sippy. You could also offer her some baby food or some finger foods like puffs or cheerios. If they are eating, the will be swallowing and equalizing the pressure.

hez
02-26-2008, 11:15 PM
DS slept through a few take-offs and landings (his first flight was at 9 months)-- you could get lucky :)

csnoop
02-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Thanks everyone! I hope I get lucky and she has no ear problem.

kcampbell
03-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Hoping that all goes well, and the humm of the plan will lull her to sleep.