PDA

View Full Version : Nursing shirts??

Rayray24
02-26-2008, 07:31 PM
I am getting ready to deliver and I am planning on bfing. This is my sec. and with my first I just used regular shirts and lifted them up to nurse. However I do not want to do that this time. I was thinking about just using lower cut shirts to pull down. I didn't know if that would be any better though. Has anyone tried this? I was thinking about getting nursing shirts but I didn't know if it was worth spending the money, and which ones are best. Any advice would be great and maybe some fav. brands, I am bigger breasted as well, so I want something that will look ok.
Thanks,

~~~~~~
Jennie

Davids-Coco
02-26-2008, 09:30 PM
I guess it just depends... I had luck with nursing tanks and regular shirts over the top because I wanted to cover the belly but look normal. And at home, I just run around in the tanks. I tried button downs, low cuts, and I found it about as annoying as lifting up and less concealing.

I bought a couple nursing tops but just was too expensive for a full collection and quality was hit or miss.

WatchingThemGrow
02-26-2008, 09:40 PM
I bought 4-5 cheap nursing t's from Motherhood and 1 from Motherwear. They all bothered me in some way, but they did the job of keeping me comfy and covered while I nursed and people came to visit. Seeing the same ones over and over really annoyed me. The Majamas Sleepy dress (from eBay) was very comfy and did the trick, although it seemed to run small. I wore it out of the house because it was so nice.

The very best nursing things I got were Japanese Weekend gowns because they were high quality and very comfortable. They held everything in place, but I'm not well-endowed. I found the nighttimes were the times when I really couldn't handle fumbling around with my clothing while learning to BF and being sleep-deprived.

Right now, I'm wearing a Bravado tank like the PP mentioned. Sooooo comfy.

If we have another, I'm splurging on some nice JW during and after shirts!

lovin2shop
02-27-2008, 02:52 PM
I second the JW recommendation. The PJ's have been an essential to me, and I love their nursing blouses. Too bad they are so spendy, but the quality is really worth it. I also just bought the GAP nursing wrap tops that were posted about here a week or so ago. They are flattering, comfortable and quite reasonable in price. I also ordered the two tone layered tops from Gap, but those are going back. Quality not as nice and they looked like maternity tops on me.