PDA

View Full Version : Parkway vs. Recaro Vivo Lite

writeleigh
02-27-2008, 02:08 PM
I have basically narrowed my choices of booster down to Britax Parkway or Recaro Vivo Lite.

What advice or insight can you give me about either of these two - are they both very safe?

Would you choose one over the other - why or why not?

Thanks!
Leigh

postmodernmommy
06-08-2008, 02:16 PM
I have both of these seats, kind of. I have the Recaro Young Style which is what the Vivo lite used to be. I've seen the Vivo in person and it's a very similar seat (even better than the YS, IMO). The Parkway is a BREEZE to buckle in, always, 100% of the time. The belt path is foolproof. The Recaro is a little trickier, you have to push the belt down through the arm rests. THe Vivo is definitely an improvement in this area over the YS. If given a choice, DD (age 6, 44" 48 lbs) would pick the Reacro hands down every single time. She says is comfier, even though the Parkway is in the Tiffany pattern. :) Have you tried both seats? It's my understanding that Britax isn't making the Parkway anymore so if you decide on that seat keep in mind it's getting harder to find them. Good luck, they're both excellent seats. You can't go wrong with either.