PDA

View Full Version : Funny dd story, "There's a snake in our basement!"

elaineandmichaelsmommy
02-27-2008, 10:32 PM
So last night our sewer backed up into the basement. YUCK!!! Poor dh wetvacing up all the water poor fella. So we were discussing what to do and decided that yes the plumber must be called and no this wasn't something we could do on our own. I had forgotten how literal children are and how they hear EVERYTHING we say, even when we thing they're not listening.

This morning mil took dd to school,dd proceeded to tell the receptionist,secretary and headmistress of the school that.

"There's a clog in our basement and the plumber's going to bring a BIG SNAKE and get rid of it." :hysterical:

By the time I picked her up this afternoon she asked me if the plumber had come and gotten the snake out of our basement. What can you say except-Yes,honey. The snakes all gone and everythings fixed.

I thought this was hilarious and it sent my father laughing and he said it was the funniest thing he'd heard all week.

MamaMolly
02-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Ha-Ha! Funny story. Reminds me of when I was little and my mom told me she had a mole on her leg...of course I pictured a critter, not a bump! :)

Yep, kids are literal!

oneplustwo
02-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Cute story! Good thing your DD didn't want to keep the "big snake" as a pet!

BeachBum
02-28-2008, 08:38 PM
hee hee hee hee

Mommy Of A Little Angel
02-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Too funny! When I was younger my parents had a pool put in the backyard. The guy said he was coming back with a bobcat to dig it. I was *so* scared that day because I thought there was going to be a bobcat in the backyard digging. My mom thought it was pretty hysterical!