PDA

View Full Version : Painful, Ichy, Swollen, stretch marks...please help

Staraglimmer
02-28-2008, 12:14 AM
Ok, so I realize that stretch marks are a normal part of pregnancy, but mine are sooooo swollen that I can feel them through several layers of clothing. I have almost no skin on my tummy that is not stretch marks. And thy itch....I know....don't scratch. I have tried Palmers tummy butter, Palmer's stretch mark cream, anti-itch lotion, ice........any other suggestions, because I am truly miserable. Thanks!:banghead:

elaineandmichaelsmommy
02-28-2008, 01:15 AM
Well, dd's dermatologist recommends petroleum jelly for just about everything it seems so you could slather some on and see if it helps. Maybe add a little hydrocortizon cream if it's ok.

shilo
02-28-2008, 04:56 AM
motherlove makes fabulous stuff (i love their 'nipple cream' while BFing). they make stuff they call 'pregnant belly salve' which i really like. it's kind of more like an ointment or a light petroleum jelly consistency than a cream and smells yummy - like lavender. i just picked some up for my best friend last week at whole foods, so if you have one near by, check there. otherwise, i know you can find it online.

hth, lori

o_mom
02-28-2008, 08:52 AM
Could it be PUPPS?

ThreeofUs
02-28-2008, 09:39 AM
If you are not pregnant now, then you could buy vitamin E and lightly massage. Any gentle oil will probably help.

But, honestly, this sounds like a call to your physician.

Momof3Labs
02-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Are you sure that those lotions you're using aren't causing the itch? I tried Palmer's something when pg with DS1 and had an awful itchy reaction to it - it was sooooo miserable that my OB at first thought it was PUPPPS but then it went away on its own when I stopped using the lotion.

Staraglimmer
02-29-2008, 01:41 AM
Thanks for your help everyone! My Dr. said use vitimin e cream. But so far no luck. I stopped using everything but plain vaseline.

Staraglimmer
03-02-2008, 02:02 AM
Ok, I just wanted to let everyone know that the rest of the rash finally showed up. I went to the Dr. and I have something similar to pupps. It is everywher but the bottoms of my feet and my chest. It is AWFUL!!!!!!!! If anyone has any suggestions for the itch, please let me know. The Dr. was supprised that it covered so much of me and save me some oral steroids......but they have not helped yet....I'm on day 3. Thanks for your help.