PDA

View Full Version : Pink Eye. 2 Birthday Parties. Oh my

LD92599
02-28-2008, 09:21 AM
DS just woke up w/ pink eye! Oh nooo....so now i'm waiting for the ped to open (9am) so i can hopefully get him into her early and get a script for drops ASAP. Fortunately my mom can change her schedule for today so he can spend the day with her and tomorrow i"m hoping DH can call in sick.

Why me?! Oh and we have 2 birthday parties scheduled on Saturday (for DS!). I want those drops ASAP!!!!

almostsane
02-28-2008, 12:55 PM
:hug:
Hugs to you. Daycare has called me to pick up DS twice in the last year claiming he had pinkeye. Of course, I immediately took him to the doctor both times, but it was not pinkeye. He has pretty bad allergies and once they kick in, he gets the watery, red eyes. The way I can tell the difference, is that with pinkeye, I am CONSTANTLY wiping "gunk" from his eye. With allergies, it just looks watery and doesn't really solidify in the corners. Hopefully, this will be the case for you. If so, you don't have to worry about the contagious part of it.

jhrabosk
02-28-2008, 02:35 PM
DD got her second case this weekend...luckily, I still had the box from the last Rx and my ped office has Sunday (!) hours to approve the new Rx when the pharmacy called.

I started those suckers pronto (like, outside the pharmacy doors) so that we'd be sure she could go to daycare on Tuesday.

MamaMolly
02-29-2008, 12:43 AM
When I taught school I got pink eye 3-4 times a year. We were cleared to go back to work 24 hours after being on the meds. (My principal was a stickler for us not taking days off so can I just say how much I loved telling her that I was taking a sick day due to pink eye? Shut her right up!) Ahhh, the bright side to pink eye!
But my point was that I think you are going to be fine for the parties on Sat.

LD92599
02-29-2008, 07:46 AM
DS is cleared to go back to school today and the parties will be fine for Saturday. I'm glad i was able to get the meds early yesterday morning instead of waiting all day to see the ped. My DH took DS to the ped after work "just in case" and she said it's a mild case and the drops were working!