PDA

View Full Version : Which stroller should I bring and ticket age question...

captobey
02-28-2008, 10:14 AM
We are planning a trip to WDW in Sept with a 4 year old and 1 year old. We are hoping to stay on the monorail. We are definitely going to bring a stroller because we are going to the gulf coast for a week after Disney and we'll need a stroller. I have a Joovy Caboose but DD1 will have her back to everything at Disney if she is sitting in the seat which really won't be much fun for her. My other choices are the Phil & Ted SBS double or the Phil & Ted E3 with the 2nd seat. I like the idea of the SBS double but I'm afraid it's going to be a nightmare having that massive wide stroller. Can strollers go on the monorail? So I don't know if the regular E3 would be better and DD2 can sit in the front seat when DD2 is walking around or going on rides.

Which stroller would you recommend?

Also, is the ticket price for 3 and under is free or is it under 3? Do they ask for age proof? If it's 3 and under, I'm wondering if DD1 can get by without a ticket since she will have only just turned 4 the month before.

Thanks everyone!

kimbe
02-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Can't help you with the stroller --- we are trying to decide the same thing! LOL!

A 3 year old needs a ticket. The will most likely not ask for proof of age. DD will be 3 years 3 months when we go and we will be buying her tickets.

egoldber
02-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Its under 3 is free.

I would bring something that both kids can ride in and nap in if necessary. Another thought is bring two singles. That can be very handy as long as you will always have two adults. I think a SBS would fit just fine on the monorail. They will direct you to the cars that will best accommodate it. You'll see a million doubles at WDW. Its really not an issue.

belovedgandp
02-29-2008, 12:33 AM
We went in September with a 3 month old and 3 1/2 year old. We specifically bought a Joovy Caboose for this trip. Otherwise, I would not have any kind of double stroller, but my now 4 yo hadn't been a stroller kid even for day long zoo trips since just over 2 (same for naps but that's a different story).

It worked well for us. DS rarely "sat" on the seat at all. He stood almost all the time. We were using the stroller with the infant in a SafeSeat, so the front seat was always reclined. Not much room at all for sitting, but move the bench forward and it was great for standing. We tended to park in an area for a long time. DH took our one backpack with essentials, 3 1/2 yo walked, and I'd sling the baby. We'd load everyone and thing back on the stroller to change areas.

With some maneuvering the stroller fit in the monorail without folding. We stayed out at All Stars so we did the bus thing. A lot of folding, but it worked fine. Would have been easier without the big infant seat attachment thing on the front. We were also able to not fold up the stroller on the boats that connect MGM to Epcot (I think that was the path we took a couple of times).

onjbj
02-29-2008, 02:30 PM
When I've gone with my twins, I've always brought 2 single strollers. You can take strollers of any kind on the monorails. When they are crowded, strollers are more difficult to manage, but most of the time, people make room for you.

Tickets are for those UNDER 3. I've never seen them ask for proof of age- and really, who travels with proof of age for a child unless it is out of the country? I guess it depends on how much of a risk-taker you are!

Karin