PDA

View Full Version : Catalog Choice updates?

luvmypeanut
02-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Just curious how successful everyone has been with this service? I declined 52 catalogs and have had only 9 confirmed and 1 refused (Garnet Hill!).

Bean606
02-28-2008, 05:17 PM
According to the website, I only have a few confirmed, but I definitely feel like I am getting less junk mail, so maybe some companies didn't confirm but took me off the list anyway.

anamika
02-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Hmmmmmmmm....I actually started getting more catalogs around the time I signed up (coincidence, I'm sure) but even DH asked if I had signed up more catalogs or less :hysterical:

oneplustwo
02-28-2008, 05:19 PM
I declined about 30 in November and only one has confirmed; all the others are unconfirmed. But so far only two have shown up again in my mailbox so far -- and one of them was the confirmed one! I don't think all companies will confirm with Catalog Choice that they have taken you off of their mailing list; I think what matters is whether or not you are still receiving the catalogs 10 weeks or so after declining them on Catalog Choice. If that's the case, you can notify Catalog Choice that you are still receiving the declined catalogs, and they will follow up again with the misbehaving company.

Mamma2004
02-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Hmmmmmmmm....I actually started getting more catalogs around the time I signed up (coincidence, I'm sure) but even DH asked if I had signed up more catalogs or less :hysterical:

Ditto here - I've been getting more catalogs, more SPAM (and I mean dramatically more, beginning the very day I submitted my request for fewer catalogs)...I hope it eventually works to my advantage but for now, I am recycling dozens of catalogs each week. What a waste!

Stephanie

kristenk
02-28-2008, 05:48 PM
It seems as if I'm getting fewer catalogs, but I might still be comparing things to the catalog inundation that was the holiday season.

I just checked my profile and found out that I have 16 Confirmed, 59 Unconfirmed and 3 Refused (one of which is Garnet Hill, surprise, surprise!).

citymama
02-28-2008, 05:51 PM
I've had 3 out of about 12 confirmed, but I also feel like I'm getting less junk mail. And a little annoyed that Garnet Hill has refused to take me off their list! My sense is it's working better than the alternative of me calling each and every catalog company.

julieakc
02-29-2008, 02:13 AM
I think it's working for me. It doesn't seem like I've received some of the specific catalogs that I declined and had received in the past.

nd93
02-29-2008, 10:19 AM
I had no idea that status page existed! That stinks that Garnet Hill refuses to use the service, they are one of the biggest offenders!

ChefGirl
02-29-2008, 10:23 AM
what's the website to reject junk mails? I'm slow catching up on this thread.

thanks.

jhrabosk
02-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Y'know, I got another catalog from a "confirmed" company (Sensational Beginnings, I think)...it had a different customer number! Kind of suspicious.

I also feel as though I'm getting more catalogs from new and random companies. Hmmm...

citymama
02-29-2008, 03:32 PM
what's the website to reject junk mails? I'm slow catching up on this thread.

www.catalogchoice.org

Melanie
02-29-2008, 04:33 PM
I think it's working for me but I did have to go back in and fill out the customer #s on the labels, once I rec'd another unwanted catalog. When I did it without it didn't seem to match up.

littlecindy
03-03-2008, 04:24 PM
it takes a while. they print catalogs soooo far in advance, like months. we did this before catalog choice. just emailed and mailed companies to get off their lists.