PDA

View Full Version : Best humidifier?

marit
02-28-2008, 11:41 PM
I'm in the market for a new humidifier. My top requirement is that it needs as little cleaning as possible. I hate the stuff that gets accumulated at the bottom (like stones). I think I prefer cool mist over hot steam, but really, whatever gets less yuck is what I want.

Thanks!
Marit

amandabea
02-29-2008, 12:43 AM
I'm enjoying our Crane Adorable cool mist humidifiers. They have them at Target, Bed,Bath & Beyond, Amazon, etc. No problems/issues to speak of.

BillK
02-29-2008, 08:14 AM
Air-O-Swiss without a doubt. Very little cleaning involved. We got Zach's in Dec. and still haven't had to clean it (although I'm planning on doing it this weekend).

renefjr
02-29-2008, 01:37 PM
We have the slant/fin humidifier which we love. Not much cleaning because of the UV light that "cleans" the water and makes it germ-free. We change the small filter once a year which picks up the mineral deposits.

dhano923
03-01-2008, 02:14 AM
Same here. We have the frog and it works great. I just wipe the little bottom part with vinegar every week to get rid of the mineral buildup and it comes right off. Then I just fill up the tank, add a few drops of bleach and swish it around, then dump. Takes me all of 30 seconds to clean.

littlecindy
03-03-2008, 04:27 PM
the crane is super easy compared to others i've tried. we have the frog, too :D