PDA

View Full Version : I hate work!!!

rachelh
02-29-2008, 01:04 AM
aside from that...I literally don't get why I have to watch the companys back every second - ie. make sure not to use the company letterhead, make sure the fax machine doesnt send faxes with that header that usually says the fax # and company it came from, make sure the fedex label doesnt have our name/address on the return address. WHAT THE HELL?!?! WHAT TYPE OF COMPANY IS THIS?!?!

So yes, I screwed up today and I realized as I was watching the Apprentice. I sent something out that as the boss said "come hell or high water - you are taking it upon youself to get this out today, right?" So I stayed at work an hour late just because the boss decided to finally show up at 4:00 and be all stressed out and give me 100 things to do and make me stressed out and totally forget the fact that this couldnt have the companys name on it!

Whatever...why do I even care.

Just needed to get that out...Thanks!

julieakc
02-29-2008, 02:19 AM
I hate it when bosses show up late and then expect you to do everything!

I also find it strange and disturbing that you aren't supposed to have the company name on anything? Do you work for the mob?:confused: I mean, isn't the point to let your customers know how to reach you, etc?

Clarity
02-29-2008, 04:03 AM
My first reaction was to ask why they even had letterhead or a fax cover-sheet with their logo on it if they didn't want you to use it? How odd. Sorry about your situation...it sounds like a stressful position.

dr mom
02-29-2008, 07:11 AM
Good grief, so much secrecy - do spill the beans - who on earth DO you work for? The mob? The CIA? A terrorist cell? A hit man? (in which case, too bad your boss isn't John Cusack in Grosse Point Blank - totally crushing on him!)

ha98ed14
02-29-2008, 11:59 AM
I also find it strange and disturbing that you aren't supposed to have the company name on anything? Do you work for the mob?:confused:

That's exactly what I thought! But obviously OP doesn't like the policy. It sucks being stuck in an job you hate... even more than not having a job!

rachelh
03-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Good grief, so much secrecy - do spill the beans - who on earth DO you work for? The mob? The CIA? A terrorist cell? A hit man? (in which case, too bad your boss isn't John Cusack in Grosse Point Blank - totally crushing on him!)

LOL. I wish I knew!!! I only started working there a little less than a month ago and havent even been really trained yet so I totally dont get the business at all and why things are being done the way they are.

My previous position required a lot more analysis and intellect than this one but yet I mess this one up - probably just because its such a backwards and bizarre way of doing things.

Working on something new...hopefully I will hear positive news from HR the beginning of this week and the job works out.

Either way with either position I am stuck in a pretty uchy situation. What I am making gross at this current job (or the job I have in the works) is less than my net - including after paying for babysitter for DD - at my previous position. Sometimes I wonder why i am working...