PDA

View Full Version : Scooters?

bubbaray
02-29-2008, 03:34 PM
DD#1 really REALLY wants a scooter for her b-day. She'll be 4 in April and has wonderful balance. She's already on a 2-wheeler bike (has been for 1.5 years) and downhill skis probably better than I do.

We have a helmet and pads already for her (pads came with her Dora helmet).

Anyone have a scooter for their 4yo?? Any recommendations???

firstbaby
02-29-2008, 04:09 PM
I feel like I'm following you today since I just responded to the sand and water table thread :)

DS1 is 4 and has a scooter. He got the Radio Flyer one for Christmas - I think it might be their "Kids 1st Scooter" or something like that. Honestly, he doesn't really care for it, but LOVES scooters. Our neighbors have older boys and I think he partially associates it to the bigger kids and likes how cool the Razor scooters are. I personally don't feel he's ready for that one - he has training wheels on his bike, but your DD sounds more advanced than DS for balance.

I do want to look at finding another scooter for him in the spring so we can give it another go and work on improving your balance. I do think there are not a lot of great choices out there for their age.

bubbaray
02-29-2008, 04:12 PM
That's OK, stalking is OK if you're answering my questions, LOL!

I think she wants a Razor one (like her older cousins), but they look like they would be too tall for her. Maybe they adjust?? I haven't looked closely at them IRL. Guess I'll need to.

Thanks!

Tondi G
02-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Just get a standard razor A kick scooter! I bought them last year right before Easter for my DS and our 2 god children. they were 20 bucks at target... maybe they will be on sale again soon???

http://www.razorama.com/razorms101a.html

if your daughter is on a 2 wheeler already she will probably do fine with the razor. The handles do raise and lower... my almost 3 year old can ride my 6 year olds so I am sure it will adjust fine for your daughter! My niece has the 3 wheeled razor Kiddie kick and she was so frustrated riding with my older DS cause he could go much faster than she could. If she wants to ride with her cousins she will want a 2 wheeled scooter!

HTH's you!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/01 and Aidan 5/05

Tondi G
02-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Just get a standard razor A kick scooter! I bought them last year right before Easter for my DS and our 2 god children. they were 20 bucks at target... maybe they will be on sale again soon???

http://www.razorama.com/razorms101a.html

if your daughter is on a 2 wheeler already she will probably do fine with the razor. The handles do raise and lower... my almost 3 year old can ride my 6 year olds so I am sure it will adjust fine for your daughter! My niece has the 3 wheeled razor Kiddie kick and she was so frustrated riding with my older DS cause he could go much faster than she could. If she wants to ride with her cousins she will want a 2 wheeled scooter!

HTH's you!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/01 and Aidan 5/05