PDA

View Full Version : Baby, 5:30am is TOO EARLY!

npace19147
03-01-2008, 07:04 AM
The last two days DD2 has been waking up for the day bright eyed and ready to play at 5:30am. Mommy, however, is not bright eyed and definitely not ready to play.

With all the sleep issues we've had with DD1, waking early has never been one of them...drag her out of bed is more like it. I am so not an early morning person, and DH is even less of one...go back to sleep!!

KHF
03-01-2008, 07:12 AM
I hear you...except my DD gets up every day at about 5:30. Has for pretty much her entire 2.5 years... Nothing we do changes it. She'll go through spells of sleeping till 6:00 or so, but that's pretty much her limit.

I hope you have better luck changing your DD's pattern than we have!!

Kirsten

JBaxter
03-01-2008, 07:16 AM
It took me 3 kids to get a sleep in late kid. My oldest was a real early bird. By 2 I had taught him how to change the videos so I would give him a cup of milk and dry cereal put him in front of the tv and snooze on the sofa for an hour or so.

KBecks
03-01-2008, 07:32 AM
If it's any consolation, we're right there with you.

psophia17
03-01-2008, 11:27 AM
DS1 did that for a while when he was under a year old, I'd go in, pick him up and rock him, and then put him back to bed with the "it's still night night time" mantra. I got pretty good at resting (if not sleeping) through his yelling for me, and was happy that after a couple of weeks he realized he wasn't getting rescued until 7am, so he minus well rest some more, too.

We did the same thing for DS2's night-weaning. I'd go comfort him, then leave him to yell. Eventually he caught on I wasn't coming back, and he was fine...

SnuggleBuggles
03-01-2008, 11:39 AM
My rule is that I am not up before the sun is up. Ds1 knows that rule. :) So far we have baby on a late schedule (11pm-10am ish). Sometimes though he sleeps in till 11 and I feel like we have lost the whole day. I can't bring myself to wake a sleeping baby. Some day I'll make it to yoga and the gym.

I hope you can get some sleep!

Beth

bubbaray
03-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Both my DDs are early risers. 5:30am isn't out of the norm. If they sleep past 6:30am, they are sick. And, the time we put them to bed at night makes no difference.

lizajane
03-01-2008, 05:00 PM
It took me 3 kids to get a sleep in late kid. My oldest was a real early bird. By 2 I had taught him how to change the videos so I would give him a cup of milk and dry cereal put him in front of the tv and snooze on the sofa for an hour or so.

i hear ya sister. except my FIRST one watched the TV and ate the cereal. my SECOND one dumps junk all over the floor, rearranges the furniture, draws on the walls, sofa, table, floor...

i have gotten him to stay in bed with me for up to an hour lately, thank goodness.

julieakc
03-02-2008, 03:31 AM
I feel your pain.

I am so not a morning person. DS doesn't wake too early (most of the time), but when he does get up he is UP and chatty and ready to go, and mommy is MUCH slower to get up to full speed. When I'm fixing breakfast the last thing I want is a million questions....I just want a little quiet.

KrisM
03-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Well, after nearly 4 years of getting up about 6:00, I am now a morning person :(.

DS has always been a 6:00 on average person. If we make it to 6:30, I'm happy! DD is now up by 7:00. She used to sleep later, but we had to adjust for DS's preschool schedule.

One thing - they're both in bed and asleep by 8pm. I like my evenings!

npace19147
03-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Update: today, DD2 woke up at 6:30am, which is much better.

Unfortunately, DD1 woke up at 5am. :banghead: