PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Dutailier Glider

TonFirst
03-02-2008, 12:39 PM
We're getting the nursery ready for #2 and I after three years of daily use, our upholstered Dutailier glider is looking a little dingy, especially the arms and the seat cushion. Our fabric (the pale yellow acrylic/poly blend with the bees) is labeled with cleaning code W, and the store where I bought the glider recommends Woolite foaming upholstery cleaner, which I tried this morning, and... nada. Not a thing. It didn't touch the dirt.

I'm not dealing with any specific stains - just three years of dinge, if that makes sense. The yellow seat looks a little gray, and I would rather not deal with renting a steam cleaner, and I am definitely not hauling the thing anywhere to be cleaned. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

racerl1
03-03-2008, 02:57 PM
I have the exact same fabric. We had ours cleaned by a professional cleaner when he did our carpets. Since then, my husband has done it with our Bissell steam cleaner, and it has cleaned nicely. I know you didn't want to rent a steam cleaner, but I wanted to let you know that they do help. The store where I bought mine said it was to be professionally cleaned only - they didn't even mention the Woolite. Good luck.

icunurse
03-03-2008, 10:55 PM
If you don't want to pay to have it professionally cleaned or to rent a steam cleaner, you might want to try Resolve cleaner for all fabrics. I have had good success with it to just brighten stuff up a bit.