PDA

View Full Version : Boden for Mamas - what do you think?

LaurelC
03-02-2008, 01:54 PM
I am interested in hearing from anyone who has tried Boden for herself. I am interested in a few items. How about sizing, fit, durability - your overall thoughts?

I am interested in the printed swishy skirt, and the cute cropped jeans as well as a couple of basic tees.

dsb22
03-02-2008, 05:30 PM
So far I've only ordered tops from them. I'm normally a 2-4 and their size 10 fits very well. In fact I like the fit better than tops from Gap and Old Navy--the cut seems better, shaped to your form without being tight. I'd be interested in hearing how their slacks run.

CiderLogan
03-03-2008, 01:02 AM
I only have tops and skirts from them (I'm short, so all their pants would be too long on me). I wear their size 8 (normally a 0-2), and it fits me perfectly every time. I don't always like the cut/style/colors in person as much as I do on the web, so I do tend to return a fair number of pieces right away. But I love the stuff I've kept -- I agree with PP about the fit being just right.

This season I love the long-sleeved double v-neck tee (I have the dark blue/light blue combination) -- that's all I've gotten from the current catalog.

squimp
03-03-2008, 02:53 AM
Love me some mama Bodens. I'd try to buy with the free returns, because many things end up not fitting right. But the things I kept (skirts, cardis, coats) are among my faves in my closet.

nd93
03-03-2008, 11:34 AM
I just received the silk v neck tee. I went off the customer reviews and the garment measurements to determine the best size for me, and it worked out great. I highly recommend using the garment measurements chart (there is a link to one for every item) and comparing that to something you already own. I've got a cardigan and another top on the way, so we'll see how I did with choosing sizing there. But with free returns, it can't hurt to try.

Sugar Magnolia
03-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Love, love, love Boden for me.

Like a pp I wear a size 4 (or 2 depending on the store) and wear a 10 in Boden. And it fits perfect.

I have never bought anything that I have sent back. I love everything I have from them. And their jeans fit me better than any other jeans. Perfect in the waist, butt, and thighs!

LaurelC
03-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Thanks ladies. I think I am going to try a few items (with the free shipping and returns, of course!) Probably the cute cropped jeans - I am forever searching for the perfect pair and some tops and skirts.

Just noticed the online reviews - not sure how I missed that before, but they are really helpful!

brittone2
03-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks for posting this. I've been wanting to try Boden for myself and this is really helpful.

Anyone have suggestions for other similar companies? I'm getting tired of the disposable clothes that seem to be everywhere (and aren't always inexpensive, yet still semi-disposable it seems!).

I'm hoping that you've all found Boden lasts a little better than some other lines of clothing in terms of quality?

CiderLogan
03-04-2008, 03:17 PM
I think the online reviews are new. I like them too!

kcampbell
03-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Does anyone have any information on their swimsuits/???

firstbaby
03-05-2008, 12:44 PM
another frequent Boden shopper here. I mostly buy from their sales, but this year I treated myself to four new pieces for the upcoming spring / summer. To echo Beth's comments, I like that someone can't look at their clothes and instantly tell where I got it from or which season it's from. I did rely on their new reviews in finalizing my choices. I'll post my review here once I receive everything.

FWIW, though, I do think their colors are sometimes dramatically different than how they appear on line. I ordered an aqua color v neck last year that I looked at from work and my home computer and was so disappointed when the color was a murky teal IRL. I knew it wasn't just a monitor problem from how it looked on two different screens. Also, Target has started to carry some very Boden-esque items. I recently picked up a khaki trench coat with big white polka dots on it. Very cute and reminded me of Boden's spotted jackets. I just liked Target's $40 price much more :)

karin4
03-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Have you all noticed that Boden is doing 20% off a different women's item every day? At least, so far it's been something from the women's line. You can still use the 15% off link and ebates, which makes the prices really, really good. Things from my wish list have shown up a couple of times this week!

brittone2
03-07-2008, 09:06 AM
didn't notice, but thanks for the tip! That would really convince me to buy LOL.