PDA

View Full Version : Yo, picking up the garbage is not optional.

kijip
03-03-2008, 12:08 PM
So each Thursday we dutifully lug our trash bin, the yard waste/compost and the recycling to the curb. The other 7 homeowners in our development do to same. And at least every other Thursday, the city or the contractor that the city pays to be the garbage service, does not freaking pick it up. They don't even seem to drive down our street. The service for apartments, which we are surrounded by, is different day/different contractor and I think the house residential contractor freaking forgets we exist or something since we are the only one on the block. I have called the city's number on my bill countless times. Yet the junk from Thursday is still there today and as my post indicates this is far from the first time this has happened. What the heck am I paying for?

trales
03-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Your garbage contractor must be the same company that is supposed to deliver our NY times. We have not gotten the Sunday Times in 5 weeks, they apologize and credit our account every week.

Maybe you should start asking them to credit you :hysterical:.

MamaMolly
03-03-2008, 05:13 PM
ITA that you shouldn't have to pay for trash pickup that doesn't get picked up!! Do they still charge you when you call to complain? Do they send someone out to get it? I'd start working my way up the ladder at the county! Find the right somebody to knock the right heads together to get some sense into those people.
Hope this gets resolved soon~come summer it is going to be really stinky, and it could attract animals...yick.
Good luck!