PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for my MNI to begin...

LD92599
03-03-2008, 07:49 PM
a few moms should be here in about 40 minutes. We'll see who shows. Out of 80+ members...we had 8 "yes's" as of Friday...as of this morning it's 5 (including myself) and now it's 4. Out of the 4 - 2 are new.

So, what's the likelyhood I'll either by entertaining someone I don't know, by myself...i am HOPING the one I know does make it...

The last MNI I hosted also bombed out. Our group has taken a weird turn and the members seem to not participate in the evenings and are definitely in it for the playgroups only!

Time for the "original" members (well sorta - long time?) to branch off solely for evenings out!

I guess this is a b*tch! At least the house is clean and DH is working late, it's not like he had to leave the house for the girls to hang out. DS is at my moms tonight!

npace19147
03-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Sorry, I know how awful it is waiting for people to show up.

On the bright side, maybe you can have a glass of wine and relax in a clean, empty house? Sounds pretty good to me! :54:

LD92599
03-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Including one totally new mom/member and another fairly new but i'd met her last week at a moms night out/restaurant.

We had a nice time and everyone has left; DH is on his way home and DS is still at grandma's :-)

I hear DH coming up the road now....

SnuggleBuggles
03-04-2008, 10:46 AM
I'm glad you had some moms show up. :) I actually got to be good friends with one mom b/c we were the only 2 to show up at a restaurant for a MNO on 2 occasions! I always organzied them and would inititally get a good response then the people would start cancelling. Some wouldn't even cancel or mention there no-show in the future. Grr.. You're right, it probably is time to just branch out. Glad you had fun!

Beth