PDA

View Full Version : looking for firsts: tricycle, walker wagon, doll, train set

Melarina
03-03-2008, 10:12 PM
DH and I will be going to a local consignment extravaganza next week that's held twice a year in our community, and I want to look for a riding toy and a walker wagon (not sure if I have the name of this toy right, but I'm thinking of the kind of thing that early walkers can push and walk behind - like a cart or wagon?) DD's quite a ways from walking of course, but if I can get a good deal on either I want to know what to look for, and what to avoid.

In other kid stuff shopping research, I'm also interested in finding out what people have liked for first dolls and train sets. I've heard about Corolle and Bitty Baby for dolls, and GeoTrax for trains (nephews have those) - experiences with those? what else? I'm not crazy about the idea of anything plastic. For the doll, I'd love to be able to wash it. Thanks for helping!

tmarie
03-04-2008, 12:15 AM
The only thing I can speak to is dolls...our dd's first was a bitty baby and it is still her favorite! She received the diaper bag and baby foods that go with it over the holidays...she LOVES it! She really gets into feeding, changing the diaper, etc... She is 2.5.

tmarie