PDA

View Full Version : Cribs, Cribs, Cribs

ZeeBaby
03-04-2008, 05:12 PM
I think the toughest decision we are having to make is on which crib to get.

We were really impressed with the Baby Appleseed Davenport crib, but due to the bad reviews on this site and the cost, we have decided to forego that as an option.

We are now looking at the Natart Austin crib, but I cringe at the thought of spending $700 plus tax and shipping on a crib. Any other suggestions on cribs that are as nice quality as Natart, but less expensive?

ZeeBaby
03-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Just bumping this up to see if anyone can help. Thanks.

KBecks
03-11-2008, 05:02 PM
I've been happy with our Legacy crib by Childcraft. It's held up well through 2 children. Ours is a simple design and we purchased it for $300 on sale at a local store. I have been very satisfied, it's extremely sturdy, has hidden hardware and the slide is smooth.

We used a hand me down crib for a time and I don't remember who made it but it was a less expensive brand and it was fine too. The side was not totally hidden, and it was a little less sturdy but it worked fine also.

I would recommend checking your local stores and buying something that looks nice on display and is also IN STOCK. That way you won't have any headaches about shipping or damage and all of that.

I'm not familiar w/ Naatart, but I wouldn't spend $700 on a crib unless I had a large budget to decorate and I was getting something very special in terms of styling. You can find a quality, attractive, simple crib that will meet your needs for much less. I would spend the extra on window treatments or room accessories or other decor items to make the nursery look nice.

Good luck!

ahrimie
03-11-2008, 07:41 PM
have you seen the munire cribs? we just bought one for $399 (but we're going back on march 15 because the store is having a sale and we can get a price adjustment). if you look at www.munirefurniture.com, you can find retailers near you.

i really like this line of cribs and furniture... it has more of a grown up look and the BBB book highly recommended it.

ZeeBaby
03-29-2008, 06:50 PM
After months of agonizing, we went with the Westwood Stratton crib. We ordered it from BuyBuyBaby. We were able to use the 20% off coupon and got it for $400, so I am very pleased. Waiting for another coupon to order the combo dresser.

lmontejano
04-23-2008, 01:33 AM
I purchased a Davenport crib as well and have found that it is totally unsafe for my daughter. At 7 months, she was able to pull herself up and was hanging over the railing. For a crib that was over $800 with the mattress, we are very disappointed. She has actually NEVER slept in it! By the time we were ready to get her to sleep on her own and transition from our family bed, we realized that on the lowest level, she can flop out of it already! We would love to see this product recalled so we might be able to get our money back. Sadly, my sister in law purchased the same crib because it looks so beautiful. Too bad that the only function it has served so far...

firsttimemama
04-23-2008, 06:51 PM
re: Natart - I had a salesperson tell me that the reason the Natart crib side is so much quieter than other brands is related to the strength of the crib side latch and that he'd received calls of kids being able to "let themselves out"/drop the side down

We bought a Pali

I figure he was honest with us because they cost the same as I recall