PDA

View Full Version : PBKs beds or bunkbeds?

KpbS
03-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Hello

Anyone spring for the pbk furniture for dc? Do you feel like it is worth the extra money? Is your bed (esp. bunkbed owners) studier than other beds you have seen? A friend has a bunk from Ikea that she initially was pleased with but now is concerned about all of the squeaking.

Thanks!

Tondi G
03-06-2008, 01:18 AM
We have a set of twin over full PBK bunk beds and are very happy with them. I went to several furniture stores and tried out different bunks. we found another one we liked but then the store told us it would be something like 12 weeks till it would come in... and the price was right up there with PBK anyways. I feel totally comfortable climbing up in the top bunk with my 6.5 yr old... it feels very secure and stable even with two people up there. I was amazed at all the hardware etc that came along with it... and was so thrilled we had them setting it up. The 2 guys had it up in no time! One thing that I really like about the bunks we have is that the top bunk is up high enough to allow an adult to sit on the lower bunk without whacking their head. Our neighbors have a beautiful looking set but their bunks are tight and they are a little bummed that it doesn't have the space that ours do. If we had to buy again I wouldn't hesitate to buy from PBK. We have a friend who has a full sized bed with a trundle of the same model we have and they love their sons bed too!

HTH's you!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/01 and Aidan 5/05