PDA

View Full Version : something like Discovery Toys Benders and Builders?

clc053103
03-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Hello, my DS apparently LOVES these at school. So I went out searching and found that they are a long discontinued item from Discovery Toys. Does anyone know of something similar that I could substitute? Otherwise, I will be buying on ebay where they seem to be selling at a premium- makes you wonder, why would they discontinue such a popular toy?

Thanks for your help!

Courtney

clc053103
03-07-2008, 11:31 AM
shameless bump for the AM crowd- I'm desperate! THANKS!

Ceepa
03-08-2008, 10:53 AM
There are some on eBay.

hellokitty
03-08-2008, 11:20 AM
One of the school supply catalogs has something similar to what you are looking for, but I can't remember which one. They do exist though. Sorry, not much help, but if you look around some of the school supply catalogs online you might come across it.

Globetrotter
03-08-2008, 12:45 PM
I saw something similar in Learning express.

Zoob:

http://www.infinitoy.com/

They looked pretty cool and you could move the creations, which is nice. In the end I stuck to Lego since that's what ds loves.

Kris

hellokitty
03-08-2008, 04:48 PM
I saw something similar in Learning express.

Zoob:

http://www.infinitoy.com/

They looked pretty cool and you could move the creations, which is nice. In the end I stuck to Lego since that's what ds loves.

Kris

I detest our zoob. They are not as moveable as they look. My kids have broken several of the pieces w/o even being that rough with it. I would recommend zoob for older kids. They are also kind of difficult to put together. They do have a set for younger kids, but my kids only wanted something with wheels, so we let them try out the set with wheels and we just feel the quality is not that great. In fact that reminds me that I need to call and complain to the company. My kids love k'nex though, the preschool ones and their legos.

Globetrotter
03-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Good to know!!!

I detest our zoob. They are not as moveable as they look. My kids have broken several of the pieces w/o even being that rough with it. I would recommend zoob for older kids. They are also kind of difficult to put together. They do have a set for younger kids, but my kids only wanted something with wheels, so we let them try out the set with wheels and we just feel the quality is not that great. In fact that reminds me that I need to call and complain to the company. My kids love k'nex though, the preschool ones and their legos.

clc053103
03-10-2008, 02:15 PM
thanks for your input! I had asked some neighbors as well and one came up with Intrastar- a very similar product tht I was able to track down on line.

I figured I'd post in case anyone else was interested!

californiagirl
03-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Everybody's kids are different -- DD and her best friend H have been playing with Zoob since they were new 3s (18 months now) and love it. They haven't broken any. The only downside is that they want adult help to make specific things.

g-mama
03-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Interesting about the Zoobs - my two older boys LOVE them and have been playing w/ them for about two years. I have given them many times as a gift and they seem to have been well-received.

ECMom
05-18-2008, 12:37 PM
thanks for your input! I had asked some neighbors as well and one came up with Intrastar- a very similar product tht I was able to track down on line.

I figured I'd post in case anyone else was interested!

kohls.com has the Interstar ones in several sets. Use MAYSAVE30 to get 30% off with your Kohl's card.