PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the best Diaper Cakes?

mom2jacknkatie
03-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Need a gift for a new baby. It can be pricey since a few people are going in on it. TIA

katydid1971
03-09-2008, 02:01 PM
I haven't done this but someone posted about making their own diaper wreath and it was so cute and the directions didn't seem to hard. Do a search of Diaper cakes because I know this questions has come up before.

MMEand1
03-09-2008, 07:26 PM
I have made one. My friend refuses to use cloth, so I made a 'sposie diaper cake and it came out awesome. I have also made a diaper wreath. Both are super easy and can be as expensive (or cheap) as you want.

Let me know if you want detailed directions on either!
Mariah P.

Melanie
03-09-2008, 07:33 PM
It can be fun to make your own and add little things to it. My mom made on in the spiral style and I think that looks like the most useful b/c the diapers aren't all totally mutilated. Then she found some cute juvenile ribbon at Joann's and added things like bath toys, plastic keys, bibs, booties, etc. She also added curly ribbons here and there just for decor. I wish I had a photo to show you!

I have to share the funniest part ever was it was a 'contest' at a baby shower they were going to. So my mother & father were discussing how to make a 'diaper cake.' My mom started talking about using a whatever pan then cutting it. OMG, no joke, they were going to make a real cake shaped like a diaper! LMAO.

elephantmeg
03-09-2008, 10:07 PM
a coworker made one using crib sheets with cloth diapers (cheap ones I had registered for burp cloths) inside. It was gorgeous, really pretty ribbon.

Bean606
03-10-2008, 09:26 AM
I really like the ones at pincinella.com, especially if you add in some of the California Baby or Little Twig products. I've purchased 4 of them.

allilew
05-12-2008, 09:59 PM
A friend referred me to:

http://www.rockabyebabycakes.com

She has a couple of different pricing options and does a lot of different themes, etc. There's a gallery on her website.

I just ordered a two-tiered cake (the smallest one) for my SIL and I love it! It depends on the size of the cake, but she typically selects a few of the following items for each cake:

aspirator
nail clippers/scissors
washcloth
onesie
bib
shoes
brush
teething rings/toys

Here's a pic of the final product:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/Schemer1079/smallgreenandwhitepolk.jpg