PDA

View Full Version : Retailers not carrying Pali cribs on the floor?

Meri
03-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie to these boards and love all the information from such experienced moms and moms-to-be! I've just started my research of cribs and am interested in the Pali models. However, even though Pali's website lists their retailers, we'd go to those stores and they wouldn't have any cribs on the floor for us to look at. So instead of wasting our time, I'd call the suggested retailers and ask if they had any on the floor, to which they replied no. I asked one retailer why they didn't carry any on the floor, and he hinted that Pali is no longer making the cribs, and just trying to sell off their inventory. I don't have my heart set on a Pali but am just curious to find out, since Pali is sucha reputable brand.

Has anyone experienced this as they were searching for their cribs? Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

lmgnyc
03-11-2008, 02:25 PM
I just received my Pali April crib and couldn't be happier. However, I noticed that the big stores (Babies R' Us, BuyBuyBaby) had only a limited number of cribs on the selling floor. At BBB I found one or two from each (mostly high-end) manufacturer, including Pali, Natart, Stokke, & Muniere. BRU had a variety of lower-priced cribs from manufacturers like Simplicity, DaVinci, and Storkcraft. I found that it was hard to find the exact models I was looking for on display and I got the impression that the salespeople expected me to get an idea of the quality by looking at the other cribs around the floor and then order the one I wanted out of a catalog.

I got my Pali at a small, local store, and they too, only had a few cribs on display, but fortunately, they had the one I was looking for. I received it in 6 weeks. They didn't say anything about Pali discontinuing their cribs. They are such a big player in the market that I find it hard to believe.