PDA

View Full Version : Dress Up Clothes for Boys?

MOMMY2MITCHELLnTBD
03-11-2008, 05:45 PM
My DS is very into dress up now, does anyone know where I can get a truck full of dress up clothes for boys?

I did a search and all I can find are girls clothes.

Thanks

misshollygolightly
03-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Good question! I did a little searching and found some fun-looking things at www.dressupclothesforkids.com. It's not cheap, but they have a cool "Boys Medieval Set" (costumes for a dragon, knight, and king), and a pretty nifty pirate's chest filled with costumes and accessories. Again, kinda pricey, but maybe it would at least give you some ideas. My other thought was that you might ask some family members and friends for career-related clothing and accessories. Maybe you know a doctor or nurse who could get your son a surgical mask or cap and old stethoscope, or maybe a business-man friend could give you an old tie and briefcase. When I was little, those kinds of "real" grown-up things were much more fun to play with--even though they never fit me quite right. I guess I liked the authenticity! You might be able to find some things at a Goodwill or scrubs store. Good luck!

Jen841
03-11-2008, 08:12 PM
We have...
Lots of Old Navy animal costumes (from Clearance sale)
Pirate, Dr and something else... from Tuesday Morning and/or TJMaxx
Pirate parts from halloween clearance at Michaels (foam hat, hook and sword)
Bandanas
Train conductor hats

We do have a Superman and Batman costume too, J seems to feel you ask Santa for costumes each year.

luvmypeanut
03-11-2008, 09:28 PM
TRU had a bunch of the traditional dress up costumes like firefighter, astronaut, policeman, doctor in the books/imaginarium section. And I saw dinosaur and dog costumes near the Little People stuff.

nicknack
03-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Yeah, the TRU ones are great, I think! We have the pirate, construction worker and firefighter. I know they also have a doctor, a policeman and a few others.