PDA

View Full Version : DS + roll of toilet paper = clogged toilet and ...

niccig
03-11-2008, 09:42 PM
One flooded bathroom!

Yes, somehow an inch of water deep was from the toilet across the room and to the bathroom door. He tried to clean it up by using all the towels in the bathroom. Then he closed the door and kept on playing WITHOUT telling me. Later I stopped playing with him and said I had to go to the bathroom and then he told me the toilet was broken.

I saw him go to the potty, he wasn't in there very long and I heard him flush twice, but I didn't think it was possible to get that much water in such a short time.

Off to see if the Charmin TP company still offers that ruler for how much TP to use at one time, and to put all the towels (5!) and 2 bath mats in the dryer once the washing machine finishes.

Oh, the toilet is working again, I had to put my hand in up to my elbow to fish out great wads of toilet paper. So very glad he was flushing no 1, it could have been much much worse.

MamaMolly
03-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Oh dear, you are so much more brave than I! I don't think I could have put my arm in there!

I worry every day about DD putting stuff in the potty. It is like I can hear the clock ticking!

Let us know if Charmin still has the ruler.

ShanaMama
03-12-2008, 12:59 AM
Oh you are seriously brave. I could probably handle the mopping and laundry but the toilet would just have to wait for DH. I don't even plunge. Toilets are just too much for me to handle- especially when I'm pregnant.

almostsane
03-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Although I do think that Charmin is the softest, we have quit using it. A plumber informed us that Charmin is the worst to clog toilets...it just will not break down as easily. I am so sorry for the mess, luckily DS still needs our help to wipe and has not learned that he CAN do it on his own. You might want to look into changing TP.:hug:

niccig
03-12-2008, 02:01 PM
We don't use Charmin toilet paper. It was good old Kirkland's brand, but a roll of it all waded up and flushed.

It looks like Charmin doesn't have their potty kit anymore, but I remembered that I ordered one ages ago when DS first seemed interested in being potty trained. It's easy to make one if someone wants to do that. It has a hole at the top for the toilet roll holder to go through, and it hangs right by the toilet paper. DS is being very careful with measuring the right amount, and it insists on doing it for everyone. Hopefully, no more flooding toilets.