PDA

View Full Version : Munire Essex Furniture in White

dsptwinmom
03-12-2008, 07:26 AM
We have a deposit on this collection in white -- 2 cribs, dresser, combo and hutch. If anyone has this collection I would appreciate your feedback. I read about the white paint chipping with the other collections and wanted to see if anyone has had this problem with the Essex. Also what do you think about the height of the stationary crib -- we really wanted one with a rail but love the sturdiness (and price) of this collection. I am 5'4 and DH is 5'6 but we figure we can use a stepstool when the cribs are at their lowest setting. Thanks for your help!!!

nellonello
03-13-2008, 10:21 AM
We have the Essex crib and love how sturdy it is. We have not had any problems yet with the paint. My DH and I are both 5'9 and the stationary rail works fine for us. We had looked at the dresser and hutch that went with the collection but chose the Vermont Precision -Bolton/Wakefield 7-drawer dresser as we felt it was a bit more sturdy and I love it!

maddyd51
03-18-2008, 02:42 PM
We just received ours last weekend and put the crib together. It was very easy to do (especially in my role as supervisor). The crib is very sturdy and the paint looks great, but we'll see how it stands up over time. I'm 5'8" and my husband is 5'11" and both of us are just fine with the stationary rail. I am a firm believer in the simpler is better idea, so wanted to avoid a rail that came down. If we ever have a short babysitter I guess we'll have to put a step stool in there....