PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Wii?

heatherlynn
03-12-2008, 10:39 AM
My DD1 decided she'd rather have this than a birthday party, so I'm on the hunt for one. Are they still hard to find? Are there any deals out there? Thanks so much!

set81616
03-12-2008, 10:58 AM
No deals because people are willing to buy full price. Most best buys got 50 for sale on Sunday with Smash Brothers so you may get lucky with them. Call your EB's and FYI's. Also try Target. They are out there if you're persistent. If you are a member of a warehouse club they carry them too but you will get a package. If you have a couple of weeks you may be able to order them online at CC, amazon, BB, TRU etc. Also if you are desperate you can get it at Craigslist. You will pay more then.
BB coupon https://moversguide.usps.com/img/coupon/bestbuy/200803_clientarea.gif
It says it can't be used on hardware but maybe you can get lucky. Or at least get a little off a game.
HTH
Shannon

DomandPedro75
03-12-2008, 11:43 AM
The easiest way to find them is to check your Sunday circulars for people advertizing them. If they show it in a circular they have to have 'some' stock in their stores the day the circular starts. That may only be 5 or so but it is guaranteed to be there. Then all you need to do to be assured of one is show up and wait in line - get there early before the store opens. Ordering online has never really worked for me.

I've done it a few times getting them for friends who paid me a little extra to wait in line for them =)

heatherlynn
03-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Thank you both! Do you think that ebay is a good place to buy one? There seems to be quite a few new ones on there. Thanks again!

Andrea S
03-12-2008, 12:17 PM
I was able to find one at Christmas at best buy. I would ask when they are getting a shipment in.

belovedgandp
03-12-2008, 04:34 PM
I'd ask around others who have found them. DH heard that Target on Sunday morning was a good place around here. He was there on a Saturday, asked about it and the salesperson in electronics said to be there in the morning. There were about 20 of us there before the store opened. They gave tickets to those of us waiting and let us in the store about 5 minutes before opening. They had 50 that particular morning. Everyone that was there when the store opened got one, but I think they were still all gone by 8:10.

fattytuna
03-12-2008, 05:44 PM
http://wiitracker.com/

Right now only bundle deal is available at TRU:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3048451

But keep checking if you only want the console. You have to act fast though - they are snatched up very quickly.

KHF
03-12-2008, 08:34 PM
I used wiialerts.com They do online only and you can sign up for alerts to be sent to your cell and/or email. I did email because I work on computers, so I was able to monitor it closely. I lucked out and the second day I after I signed up, I got a Wii from Sears.com (the base model, not a bundle). You have to act FAST though. They go quick. And don't even bother with most of the Amazon ones, they're gone before you can even get the link to click through usually.

Kirsten

heatherlynn
03-12-2008, 08:47 PM
I actually ended up buying one from ebay. They have over 6000 feedback and something like 99.9%. Keeping my fingers crossed. Not a great deal, but a reasonably fair price, I guess. I should easily have it by DD's bday at the end of the month. Thanks again everyone!!

lizzytra
03-12-2008, 11:07 PM
I see you already purchased one, but in case anybody else reads this - my husband purchased one from Wal-Mart last summer. We don't live in a really populated area (don't know if that helps or not) and he just popped in to check when he got off work. It was a Tuesday night out here - and I've seen them there before too. It must be the day that our Wal-Mart receives them?

Wii's are definitly available to be had if you keep checking your local stores, but I can see it worth it to some people to pay a little extra to not go through the hassle of keeping their eyes peeled for them.

Thatchermom
03-13-2008, 02:02 AM
Watch this wii availability thread on fatwallet:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/788395/?start=2600

We also used wiialerts.com to get ours pre-Christmas.

In the end, we got ours because I was up nursing DD in the middle of the night when an alert came for Amazon. Crazy! Hard to believe they are still so hard to get. Good luck - we love ours!

MeISOE
03-15-2008, 08:36 PM
my mom works at a Walmart and she said they got 11 in at her store this week and held them until the circular was advertised in the paper. I think they were supposed to go on sale technically on Saturday so she was going to go at midnight since it was a 24 hour store. Her store is in a small town, mostly older people so I would guess there is less demand. She got us one last year the same way.

Corie
03-15-2008, 09:47 PM
I bought mine before Christmas at Walmart. I also saw them
at Toys R Us and Target. I would call around and ask when they
are getting their next shipment.

caheinz
03-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Both Target and Walmart had them in today's ad. Best Buy had an ad last week. No sale price, just the $250 console.

We were at a Target shortly after the 8am opening, and there were ten more to be had at that store after we left.... (The particular store, near-rural outskirts of very urban area, had 27 to start with.)

Seems like the stores are getting them in, and perhaps holding them for the weeks that they're advertising.

LD92599
03-16-2008, 06:09 PM
We were in a fairly new Target this morning and they had a ton of them (at least 30 or so left?). I bought one but now that I have it...not sure if I'll keep it I figured I might as well get it since i had it in my hands.....and then think about it.

HallsofVA
03-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Thanks to the earlier poster about wiialerts! I signed up for the paging service last week and got a wii console from Amazon today as a result. They sold out within minutes and I wouldn't have known about it without the alert. Thanks again!

KHF
03-20-2008, 07:39 AM
That's great! I'm so glad it worked for you too :-)

Kirsten

hillview
03-20-2008, 09:04 AM
sorry to be late to this but the costco in Waltham, MA had them last Saturday.
HTH
/hillary