PDA

View Full Version : Diaper bag while babywearing

cmonbaby
03-12-2008, 06:42 PM
I also posted this in the carrier forum, but thought this one would get more traffic.

Just curious what kind of diaper bag/gear you carry all of your baby goods in while you are babywearing. I have a Moby wrap and am LOVING it for DD so far. Just can't figure out how to carry a bag with me if I am running errands with her and don't have to tote around a stroller that would normally hold my bag.

SnuggleBuggles
03-12-2008, 10:20 PM
I learned to travel really light. :) I kept all the extras (change of clothes...) in the car since I was probably not going to be too far from it. I would just carry lipglss, keys, my wallet and then I'd clip on one of those Fold n Go changing pads that holds 2 diapers and some wipes. Sometimes I would even skip that if I was really close to the car (like at Target, the grocery store or another errand like that).

I did buy a messenger style bag and I can use that while wearing baby though it isn't great (it has to be up around my neck practically :)).

Beth

gatorsmom
03-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Oh my gosh, I love my Moby Wrap! But I need gear for 3 kids (yup- Cha Cha is still in diapers). Plus drinks and snacks for me since I'm bfing the twins. so I wear a backpack diaperbag. I currently have a Jujube packabe and love that but I've also had the Petunia Picklebottom (PPB) Boxy backpack. They both work really well with my Moby Wrap. And they are great diaperbags.

punkysweetness
03-13-2008, 09:58 AM
For longer outings I use a backpack. I have a Dadgear and LOVE it. For quick trips, I load up the backpack and leave it in the car and just grab my patemm pad and JuJuBe wristlet(BeMine) to take in with me. I have a large patemm pad with pockets that holds a few diapers, wipes and ointment. Seriously the best money I've ever spent. The BeMine I can hook through my beltloop on my pants if I want to or just over my wrist.

Annie's mommy
03-13-2008, 10:11 AM
this will only be helpful if you still carry your own handbag :)
I find that with a diaper wallet I can fit everything I need and then some in the relitively new LV "never full" bag. I bought it when it first came out (before Annie) and have used it as a multitasker for so many things, it even held no less than 5 encyclopedia-size college texts without any strain to the handles. The bag is truly a lifesaver. A little pricey (though incredibly reasonable compared to other LV bags) but well worth it over the long haul. and if you're a fashion savvy mommy, it's priceless, really.
It also comes in 3 sizes.