PDA

View Full Version : work place safety

skipperbride
03-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Ok my work just told me that they are tearing down the wall next to my office to construct more office space. The Building I work in is a high rise that is over 30 years old (maybe older) . They say the project will take 4 -10 weeks! The said they will “try to work on the projects night ..but majority of it will need to go on during the day… when I at work! I know I suppose to be care with exposure to lead and mercury !

My question is I am 6 month pregnant should I be worried with the dust fumes, paint lead paint, noise .etc? I wanted some opions and thoughts before I asked my doctor… I don’t want to be in a unsafe work environment. I just am getting very over protected for

elektra
03-13-2008, 04:00 PM
If your job is something that you could still do from a computer at home, I would ask about the possibility of just working from home during that time. I would think your company may even be required to provide an alternative working environment in a situation like that.
The company I work for actually provides remote access software, and I honestly don't know what I would do without it, now that I use it on a daily basis. PM me and I could get you a temporary account if your office doesn't provide something like that for you.