PDA

View Full Version : Bellini vs Dutailier Crib & Furniture

JenG
03-13-2008, 09:59 PM
My husband & I have been looking into Cribs & Dressers for our baby and have come across 2 brands we like. Bellini & Dutailer. We have not been able to find much information on the web on the Dutailer.

We were wondering if anyone had any input bases on thier own experiences with either Bellini or Dutailer.

Are they comparable? Quality & Safety?

I can not find any information stating that the Dutailier is JPMA certified. Does anyone know the answer to that?

Thank you for any infomation you can provide.

citymama
03-14-2008, 01:56 AM
We have a Bellini crib and changing table attachment (a drawer that attaches to any dresser, converting it into a changing table). We totally LOVE both. However, we bought both used from a friend, less than $300 including extras like the crib mattress and extra changing pad covers. New would have run us about $1200 for the same stuff. Not sure I would have paid that but if money isn't a concern, this is high quality stuff with great resale value.

We also have a Dutailier glider that we got at Babycatalog.com for under $300. We're happy with it, but not elated - not close to as good quality as the Bellini stuff, which rocks. HTH!

kusumat
03-14-2008, 04:00 AM
We got a Bellini crib and also a dresser from them(Yes totally, $1200). Quality is great; however, poor customer service!!! We paid for $125 assembling and shipping and they could not asssemble the crib correctly at the first try. The crew was totally inexperienced. He made the scratch on the crib. I then demanded the new one and was promised that it would be delivered when it was available(apparently it needed to be shipped from Italy). Anyway, it never did and store was closed. I needed to dispute with the credit card company and got all credit back on the crib and service fees.

Anyway, as I said nice and safe crib(rate#1 on the consumer report on the model we ordered). You may need to check the reliability of each store because they are all owned by the different owners. Hope that help.