PDA

View Full Version : 5yo bday gift - $20-$25

geochick
03-14-2008, 01:12 AM
My ds just got invited to a birthday party on SATURDAY for twin 5yos. One boy, one girl. What would you give each of them in the $20-$25 range? My ds is barely 4. He has somewhat different interests from his friends. What's popular with your 5yo boy or girl? Thanks.

bnme
03-14-2008, 07:09 AM
I have a 5yo DS

-Matchbox-type stuff. They have newer small monster trucks out that spin.

-Great States Jr - Both my kids LOVE this game.

-Monopoly Jr. They have different themes to choose from, like princess etc. This has been my standard gift lately. My 5yo plays regular Monopoly, too (Pixar version).

-Butterfly garden. This is a great gift if you are not opposed to the idea.

o_mom
03-14-2008, 08:40 AM
For the girl, I found the Klutz Paper Doll book at Target to be a big hit. I think it is around $17. It is in the 'specialty toy' aisle with the Schleich figures, etc.

Jen841
03-14-2008, 10:00 AM
I have spring fever and would buy outside stuff. What about a set of soccer goals and a soccer ball for each?

Tent sets? Just saw cute ones at Target. My kids love tents, as well as nieces and nephews.

Balloon Rockets are our personal favorite. We love ours and they are totally unisex.

I have been buying good reusable water bottles for kids lately, think green : )

Movies? 101 Dalmations and Aritocats (sp)?

Music?

Costume stuff... princess for her and pirate stuff for him?

SnuggleBuggles
03-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Legos
Matchbox pop up playsets
board games
sprinkler ball

Beth

mattiew
03-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Art supplies, books, legos, games (Cranium Balloon Lagoon is a BIG favorite), puzzles, pretend play items (school, vet, etc).

traciann
03-17-2008, 09:52 PM
books. junie b jones and magic tree house are big hits with 5 year olds.

zoestargrove
03-18-2008, 03:09 PM
Klutz tissue paper flowers book is terrific. My almost 5yo son loved making flowers...so, it's not just for girls.

Klutz also has a big bubble book that comes with a wand, instructions and a recipe for making super gigantic bubbles.

Stomp rocket is a favorite bday gift for 4-6 year olds.