PDA

View Full Version : Gift for 2nd grader -boy

bnme
03-14-2008, 07:46 AM
I need a gift idea under $30 for my nephew how is 81/2 and in 2nd grade. He is really into all sports. I'd love an outdoor type gift. They also seem to have every toy under the sun.

I am thinking about a table frisbee game I saw at Target, but not sure about it.

Any ideas?

o_mom
03-14-2008, 08:17 AM
How about Hyper Dash? I think it is around $20 at Target. I got this for my 7.5 yo nephew this year and it was a big hit. Indoor or outdoor. Basically you set up 'targets' and then the controller gives instructions on which target to go to, you 'tag' the target with the controller and then it tells you which one next. You can play alone (try to beat your time) or against other people (try to beat their time).

Legos are also good at that age, but not outdoor. Razor Scooters can be $25-30 for the beginner ones and those are always fun.

Jen841
03-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Target has a line of Monster Sports stuff, my nephew that age loves it.

What about a subscription to Sports Illustrated for kids? My nephew really tries to read it cover to cover, and parents help him when needed.

Tickets to a sport event?

My nephew is all into different teams and jerseys right now, want to sell him on your almamater?

bnme
03-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Hyper Dash looks cool. I am getting it for him & I think for us, too. I like the SI jr idea and may do that for Christmas.