PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland - How does it compare to MK in Florida?

jess_g
03-14-2008, 07:50 AM
We did our big trip to Florida and disneyworld in December and everyone loved it! We do a trip to California every year to visit family and are thinking of spending a few days at Disneyland this time. Can someone tell me how it compares to MK at disneyworld? Does it have a lot of the same atttractions and rides? What are your kids favorites? We loved the peter pan ride and the buz lightyear ride at MK (and lots of other ones too).

Also are there any disneyland only websites to check out for planning?

Thanks,

Jessica.

s7714
03-16-2008, 12:55 AM
Surely some one has been to both more recently than I have, but here's my experience based on when I went to both DW MK and DL in high school. (I'm not going to fess up to how long it's been though, so don't ask. :innocent: )

They did have mostly the same rides, but they aren't exactly the same. For instance Pirates of the Caribbean was the same story line, but there were a few varying scenes in direct comparison. Same for ones like the Haunted Mansion, etc. At the time I was a little disappointed that I'd spent my time going to DW MK since it was so similar to DL. I felt like I would have been better off using my limited time to explore the other things at DW that aren't available at DL. Now that I'm a mommy, I think my DDs would probably get generally the same experience out of DW MK or DL regardless at this age. That's the main reason we're waiting to take them to DW until they're old enough to get that it's a different place instead of thinking we sat on a plane for 8 hours just to get to the same old DL. ;)

One thing to consider is that you'll also be able to go to California Adventure as well. On that I'm not sure if there are any cross over rides that are similar at DW though.

urquie
03-16-2008, 01:46 AM
great forum for trip planning (what rides in what order to make the most of your time) and lots of members to answer any questions.
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26

"Great deals on all things Disney!"
http://www.mousesavers.com/

"Why Travel to Disneyland? If you are familiar with Walt Disney World, you might wonder why anyone would visit Disneyland in Anaheim, California... "
http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/dlguide/1_Forward/whydl.htm

"A Disneyland / WDW Comparison"
http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/dlguide/5_Primer/park_comparison.htm

codex57
03-20-2008, 02:58 AM
I'd go. Urquie provided great links.

WDW has an almost identical general layout to Disneyland, just stretched so it covers more land. You basically have to take more steps to get to the next area at WDW. Disneyland feels like a compacted version.

I'd have to say the two are almost exactly alike. However, since you say everyone loved it, I'd definitely go. Disney parks are places you can go over and over again. Also, the few differences have some pretty key things IMO that are totally worth checking out.

In particular, the Tiki Room, the queue of Jungle Cruise, Indiana Jones (awesome ride - no ride is ever exactly the same; and the queue is quite entertaining too), Pirates of the Caribbean, Toontown, Matterhorn (I usually head here first), and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. You gotta check those out. IMO, you can skip the other ones mentioned in that link. If you have real little ones (about 5-6 yrs old or younger), also check out the Storybookland Canal Boats and Alice in Wonderland.

twinstar
03-25-2008, 09:39 PM
oops, double post. message below.

twinstar
03-25-2008, 09:46 PM
We have annual passes to DL and go pretty frequently, so if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. :)

The rides themselves and pretty much the same from what I can remember. It's the outdoors and layout that vary alot. Two attractions, off the top of my head, that you must see at DL are It's a Small World and Nemo's Submarine Voyage. Small World is much nicer at DL compared to WDW because of the facade, the animal topiaries, the lights at night. Plus, it's really nice to ride the boat outdoors rather than completely indoors.

I haven't been to the Nemo ride at WDW, but my sister says it's all indoors. The one at DL is actually submerged in the lagoon, so you are actually underwater in a submarine. It's the same story and graphics, but it's a different way to experience the ride.